Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little over a year ago I purchased a CPO, 2012 Signature Model S (Vin 821) and have absolutely loved owning and driving this vehicle. Choosing to purchase one of the first 1000 vehicles manufactured, with their well documented issues, took a little coaxing from my wife and one extra beer before I got enough nerve to press the "BUY" button. The signature red paint, 21" wheels and white leather interior were more than I could resist. Watching Tesla's exponential growth over the last several years, I'm hoping that my early Model S may one day be considered an electric classic.

So my questions is .... does anyone know of a registry or database that keeps track of the early S Signature Models? It would be interesting to know specific car information such as color, configurations, past and current owners, locations, etc.
If a registry does not currently exist, what do you signature owners out there think about the idea of starting one?

Thanks ......

have you had any issues or know of major repairs prior to buying the vehicle?
A little over a year ago I purchased a CPO, 2012 Signature Model S (Vin 821) and have absolutely loved owning and driving this vehicle. Choosing to purchase one of the first 1000 vehicles manufactured, with their well documented issues, took a little coaxing from my wife and one extra beer before I got enough nerve to press the "BUY" button. The signature red paint, 21" wheels and white leather interior were more than I could resist. Watching Tesla's exponential growth over the last several years, I'm hoping that my early Model S may one day be considered an electric classic.

So my questions is .... does anyone know of a registry or database that keeps track of the early S Signature Models? It would be interesting to know specific car information such as color, configurations, past and current owners, locations, etc.
If a registry does not currently exist, what do you signature owners out there think about the idea of starting one?

Thanks ......

I placed my deposit on Sig # 162 two days ago (CPO) the estimated delivery is 6-8 weeks "for reconditioning and prep???" (car is in California I'm taking delivery at the Tempe AZ. service center. Car is signature red with white "seats" , door trim panels etc. has panoramic roof, studio sound package, twin chargers and smart air suspension and tech package. I'd love to know if the tech package included fog lamps "in 2012" ??

Elon was personally involved in overseeing the historic Signature Model S production run (had a sleeping bag & desk on the production line). I'm the proud owner of 2012 Signature Performance Model S VIN # S00791, autographed for delivery to my home by Elon Musk (with a sharpie on the passenger sun visor). Very few Sig’s were actually signed at the factory by Elon for customer delivery. This is a limited edition rare configuration: One of a kind CA plates "TESLA MS", Sig P85, Sig White Performance Leather (perfect color match with Sig white alcantara headliner and is no longer available), Pearl White (IMO best match with CF trim vs Sig Red) with 21” gray rims/TPM2 updated tires, CF interior trim & CF glossy spoiler (no longer available), Pano roof, Tech Package, Studio Sound Package, Active Air Suspension, Free for life Supercharger HW, Huge Frunk w/ "microwave" (no longer available), Twin Chargers (no longer available as a separate option), rear facing kid seats, extra set of OEM 19" tires/rims with TPM2, tinted windows including windscreen, Opticoat Pro, outdoor car cover (garaged indoor), mobile connector/adaptors, LED fog lights & parcel shelf, 8 yr extended warranty & prepaid service plan to 2020. It would take a lot to let this car go. I think it will definitely be a collectible some day. In the meantime anyone who can get a Sig during the "depreciation cycle" may see an "appreciation cycle" in the years to come.

I placed my deposit on Sig # 162 two days ago (CPO) the estimated delivery is 6-8 weeks "for reconditioning and prep???" (car is in California I'm taking delivery at the Tempe AZ. service center. Car is signature red with white "seats" , door trim panels etc. has panoramic roof, studio sound package, twin chargers and smart air suspension and tech package. I'd love to know if the tech package included fog lamps "in 2012" ??
Pretty much the same configuration I purchased a year ago. The condition of the vehicle when I picked it up far exceeded my expectations and I felt as though I was driving away in a new vehicle. I've had a couple of minor issues with the AC and bubbling touch screen but both were repaired quickly under warranty. Hope your experience goes as well.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Pretty much the same configuration I purchased a year ago. The condition of the vehicle when I picked it up far exceeded my expectations and I felt as though I was driving away in a new vehicle. I've had a couple of minor issues with the AC and bubbling touch screen but both were repaired quickly under warranty. Hope your experience goes as well.

Thanks, and I hope so as well. While I'm NOT a fan of traditional dealerships the buying process for CPO cars requires a leap of faith since one basically has to commit at least $1K (non refundable) before in most cases even seeing or driving the actual car in question. All the photos on My Tesla account page are stock images "not the actual car". No maintenance history can be provided to me "beyond the Carfax report" they provided (or the same that I paid for through my own Carfax account). It has 44k miles, slightly more than the '13 Volt it will be replacing, and is a one owner car. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will in fact exceed my expectations as yours did.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
I have #P01249. It's a silver P85 with black leather, pano roof, carbon fiber interior and spoiler, tech package, premium sound, air suspension and 21" turbine wheels. I bought it from a person off this forum last year and it has been great. Even though it's not a signature car, it has a signature grill and rear chrome signature appliqué. The car now has just over 70k miles, but it's very solid and rattle free. It is a phenomenal car and an absolute joy to drive. Enjoy!!!

Add me to the list of Sig Red/White owners, #272 for me. People always comment on the color, even current Tesla owners. Bought it from the original owner, private sale, with 32K miles and it came with the extended warranty, which for me, was important. Just had to use it a couple months ago for the bubbles on the screen issue. Other than that issue, it's been great. Probably the only item that hurts me right now is it still has the orig "A" battery pack, so the 100% range is down to 245. Orig owner said out of the first 1000 MS purchased, 500 opted for the Sig Red, and half of them chose the white interior. I thought cool, I'm 1 out of 250. Funny thing though, on my first trip driving back home to NorCal from LA, on one my my charge stops, I parked right next to another SigRed/White MS. Oh well, still cool as hell! :cool: