TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2012 Model S Signature Cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by optical8, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jmitchell

jmitchell Member

#181 jmitchell, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    This is odd. I have a 2012 #2647 and it allows driver profiles to be assigned to fobs.

Also, reading this thread has made me really want a signature red with white interior P85 on top of the Roadster I want to own, and I don't want to get rid of my current MS.

I have a problem with collecting things...

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. tccartier

tccartier Member

My 2012 Sig. Allows it also, but it doesn't seem to work. Hmmm?

3. joefee

joefee 3M+ page views on TMC Threads

Mine works fine!

4. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Mine doesn't work and I have set up my profile.

• Informative x 1
  5. jmitchell

jmitchell Member

IIRC you have to check a box to tell the car to assign your profile to your fob.

6. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

Well, this is a bummer. Found some screen bubblesast night on Sig 588, which I bought as a CPO in 7/2017.

I imagine this will be covered under warranty, whenever Tesla finds an MCU.

I just let the SC know. We’ll see what they say.

427107DE-7DB0-49ED-BC51-A2156AF4F277.jpeg

7. tccartier

tccartier Member

That is a bummer. Had heard much about those bubbles that appear in the screens but had never seen it pictured. Let's hope that is a warrantable item. There was one member on here "as I recall", that had to bite the bullet and buy an MCU out of warranty, as I recall it was north of $2,500

8. jmitchell

jmitchell Member

They replaced mine for free under the warranty.

9. golfnut

golfnut Member

My bubbles started at the 4.5 year mark. The original owner had purchased the ESA which transferred to me when I bought his car. So they were going to charge me the $200 deductible to have it fixed under the ESA. At the same time my streaming music service was horrible so I asked for some relief from the $500 LTE upgrade and they said if I did the LTE, they would waive the $200 deduc. Sort of a "win", but the bubbles came out of nowhere. :eek: One of the problems getting one of the early models I guess. :(

10. tccartier

tccartier Member

Have you found the LTE upgrade to be worth it? Been contemplating doing that to my Sig. Even though I don't stream music that much seems like maybe it might help the browser??

That or perhaps it might help with reception and keeping an internet connection out in the more rural areas where I am usually located. "out State Arizona" in the weeds out here in the desert.

11. golfnut

golfnut Member

It certainly helped. The music loads faster and it only has a delayed loading issue about once month, where before it was having multiple loading issues daily and periodic dead zones. Is it worth $500? That probably depends on your personal thoughts about music drops and delays. I just tell myself it was just a price I was willing to pay even if no one else would.

• Informative x 1
  12. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

SC did not reply to my email about the bubbles on my screen. Will follow up again tomorrow.

I have the LTE upgrade in both my Model S's. It helps a lot with maps loading. I decided to get it after slow loading maps caused me to run into some heavy traffic on the metro Phoenix highways. Had the maps shown me the traffic, I would have saved a lot of time on an alternate route. By the time the maps loaded, I was stuck in the traffic jam and missed my alternate exit. There was no escape.

13. optical8

optical8 Member

I had the same bubbling issues with sig 821 last year. I took a few close up photos of the screen and sent to my service contact. They set up a service time and replaced the screen with no issues.

14. tccartier

tccartier Member

Thanks @golfnut and @shrink for the feedback on LTE. So far 3G has been "seemingly" ok, however I don't have any experience with anything to compare it to. (First car I've ever had with an internet connection "like this"). Maybe I should just rely on the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" lol.

15. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

Strangely my signal has shown LTE depending on driving location. I'm sure my hardware was never upgraded.
    Perhaps there are cell zones where 3G no longer exists.

16. tccartier

tccartier Member

Interesting indeed. Could it be that there are a limited number of MCU' that are dual band capable?

17. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

Not a Sig owner but asked for the LTE upgrade when I got the CPO. They never charged me and had LTE out of the gate but I do see 3 G on the screen sometimes so not sure if its dual band or what.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  18. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Just picked my car up from the first annual and they upgraded my rear camera to the new version and upgraded my TPMS so I can now get the readings on the dash. Love Tesla!

• Like x 1
  19. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

My touchscreen is scheduled for replacement tomorrow via mobile service technician. I am in shock they found a part that fast and are scheduling this so quickly!

• Like x 1
  20. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

My sig has Red Tesla Calipers, Suede Dash, Tesla Centre Console, Conti TPMS and the new Rear Camera. All I'm missing now is LTE, Folding Mirrors and Parking Sensors.