TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2012 Model S Signature Cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by optical8, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

I was browsing the CPO listings just now and came across what looks like a 2013 Signature Red P85+

Didn't realize the + made it into any Signature Cars.

However, that 0-60 time is way off. I wonder if this is an accurate listing?

Used Inventory | Tesla

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 10.49.39 PM.png

2. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Sigs were only 2012.

• Like x 1
  3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It's possible that someone could have delayed their order. There is someone here with a Signature Model X that is a 2016 100D with 5 passenger seating.

4. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

The vins over 10k. Sigs were the first 1000 in the US

• Like x 1
  5. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

Signature Red was just added to the description. So, right, 10,000+ VIN with the Signature Red color. I wonder how that happened?

Attached Files:

6. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

It might have been a Canadian sig. 5.4s 0-60 was (at the time) the non-P number.

7. tccartier

tccartier Member

IMG_20180302_191423850.jpg Updated to this today.
    old signature cars are getting more Hardware limited as time goes on as is to be expected :-(. The chill mode went only to performance cars since I have a non performance signature I guess it's always in chill mode :)

8. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I have a P85 and I don' have Chill mode.

• Informative x 1
  9. golfnut

golfnut Member

Same here, P85, no Chill. I believe only D models received the Chill.

• Informative x 1
  10. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

RWD cars with AP have chill.

Chill was limited to AP hardware only, even though it has nothing to do with AP. It's just a lazy tesla limitation, they put the word "chill" on the instrument screen for chill mode, and non AP cars haven't gotten the instrument screen update since 6.0 I believe? So chill can't go on a non AP car because that word doesn't fit on the ancient non-AP operating system display. It's just a reminder that non-AP cars aren't going to be updated for the most part.

11. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

I have a similar vintage VIN, S85, how do I find out if I have the signature grill and rear chrome signature applique? Thanks.

12. cack

cack Member

I have a 12 pearl Sig #s00743 with white leather and rear facing seats! Love it!

13. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN#1249

The signature cars had at least three unique features; four, if you count the “S” in the VIN. They are (1) a unique nose one, (2) the word “Signature” scripted in the rear appliqué, and (3) the word “Signature” scripted in the side lights on the front fenders. My car has just the scripted rear appliqué and the nose one, not the side lights. I saw VIN #1248 about six months ago and it was all standard hardware, so my car, VIN #1249, seems to be unique. It was a demo car in CO until May 2013, but I don’t know else much about it. I did name it “Frank” though. That’s short for Frankenstein. :)

Here is a picture of the signature nosecone. You’ll notice there is a small step about two-thirds up, whereas the standard nosecone is largely flat.

Attached Files:

14. tccartier

tccartier Member

5 or 6 if you count the instrument cluster and touch screen display that depicts the car as a Signature that other Tesla Model S production cars don't have

There's also the unique signature red color along with the signature interior trim neither of which are available beyond the first 1000 cars

• Like x 2
  15. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I believe the early cars had side lights attached with some non-galvanized hardware that tended to rust. Some early owners noted rust stains dripping out from the side lights. Tesla was happy to replace them, but at the time I had mine done (maybe 2014 or 2015?), they were having a hard time finding ones that said "Signature". I got some, but somebody getting a replacement after me might not have.

• Informative x 1
  16. joefee

joefee 3M+ page views on TMC Threads

Same configuration for my older sister Sig 791... Also Love it!

17. TMobe

TMobe I have forgotten more than I remember

I ran into the same issue with the back tailgate chrome. They had to replace it and I lost my Sig badging there :(

18. tccartier

tccartier Member

That's a bummer I guess I've been lucky my car still has all the original signature badging so I'm in good shape so far ! haven't had to replace any of those parts :)

19. Jazbo

Jazbo Member

New member here - just purchased my brother's 2012 Signature Red P85 - VIN 5YJSA1DP3CFS00007. He was on the list for a Model 3 and couldn't wait for the Tesla experience, so found this car, with a CA salvage title, in the Bay Area last summer. He fell in love with 007 and raved about it. Now being a Tesla owner, it sped up his Model 3 delivery and he was faced with the dilemma - keep or sell. Being #007, I thought we should keep it in the family. I bought it from him and had it trucked down from Washington State to Dallas last week. I have been learning the features intuitively, but finally found the manual button on the screen. I don't even know what to post about what the car has, though it does have the "Signature" on the side lights and the back trunk lid panel. He was going to drive it down to me, via Spring Training in Phoenix, but 2 days before, got some message about the battery and so it has a loaner battery. Maybe I'll get a new battery! How do I tell if it has dual chargers or the single charger? I need to figure out how big a circuit to get put in for the HPWC. I love this car! Inspection.jpg

• Love x 2
  20. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I think only the double charger ones will allow you to set the charging current limit above 40A. Also I'm pretty sure ALL the signature ones are dual charger, so should be good to go for a 80A charger (100A circuit breaker).