Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, all Sigs had dual chargers. However I wouldn't bother putting in 80A worth of supply (100A circuit). When you start the day full, drive an average day of, say, 100 miles, get home and plug it in, have it set to start to charge at 1am (or whenever your cheap electricity starts), it'll still be full in the morning even at 32A (NEMA 14-50 dryer outlet). We got our Roadster in 2009 and Model S in 2012, and I can count on one finger the number of times I didn't have all the charge I needed in the morning, without ever installing an HPWC for either car.

New member here - just purchased my brother's 2012 Signature Red P85 - VIN 5YJSA1DP3CFS00007. He was on the list for a Model 3 and couldn't wait for the Tesla experience, so found this car, with a CA salvage title, in the Bay Area last summer. He fell in love with 007 and raved about it. Now being a Tesla owner, it sped up his Model 3 delivery and he was faced with the dilemma - keep or sell. Being #007, I thought we should keep it in the family. I bought it from him and had it trucked down from Washington State to Dallas last week. I have been learning the features intuitively, but finally found the manual button on the screen. I don't even know what to post about what the car has, though it does have the "Signature" on the side lights and the back trunk lid panel. He was going to drive it down to me, via Spring Training in Phoenix, but 2 days before, got some message about the battery and so it has a loaner battery. Maybe I'll get a new battery! How do I tell if it has dual chargers or the single charger? I need to figure out how big a circuit to get put in for the HPWC. I love this car!View attachment 293348

Welcome to the club! Vin 162 here.

Reactions: IdaX
Question for Signature owners out there is anybody running a software version equal to 2018. 24 or better that is able to take advantage of the new speed limiting features that just got added to the mobile app?

I've always been curious and it would be interesting to know what the most recent software version is out there in the wild running in a signature car.

Question for Signature owners out there is anybody running a software version equal to 2018. 24 or better that is able to take advantage of the new speed limiting features that just got added to the mobile app?

I've always been curious and it would be interesting to know what the most recent software version is out there in the wild running in a signature car.
I am on 2018.16 still. Doesn't show in my app.

Someone has reported getting 2018.24.1 on a classic Model S, and the speed limiting feature wasn't available. They though the reason for that is that the speed limiting enables Chill mode as well as a limit and Chill mode never came to the classic Model Ss.

Here is that post: Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
Oh well I guess it had to happen sooner or later that our cars are going to go the way of Windows XP:) just glad to have gotten what I got. Seems pretty unlikely at this point if they'll be any groundbreaking updates for the signature cars and or classic older model S pre autopilot cars.

But I'm still grinning :) and enjoy driving my Sig every day. Just got back from driving it across country back to Pennsylvania interesting trip learned a lot about the car and its capabilities that was the first time I've stretched its legs like that.

Reactions: TMobe
Sad to report that My signature Model-S was totaled - SN 484 was declared a total loss after being rear-ended by a Ford F150 (all occupants were fine). Was a P85, Signature Red with black interior. Enjoying autopilot on my replacement - P100D. But still bummed to lose a "first 500" car.

Bummer man. Sorry to hear that. not sure how many survivor signatures are out there now. So far mine is alive and well (Vin 162) at 67k miles.

Bummer man. Sorry to hear that. not sure how many survivor signatures are out there now. So far mine is alive and well (Vin 162) at 67k miles.
That's terrible to hear about another Sig biting the dust. Glad DaveVa is ok. I would be curious also how many Sigs are left. I haven't seen one in a few years but ran into Sig 592 (I think) the other day at a charger. Her and her husband were a orig owner and still love the car. :) I am 705 and no complaints.

That's terrible to hear about another Sig biting the dust. Glad DaveVa is ok. I would be curious also how many Sigs are left. I haven't seen one in a few years but ran into Sig 592 (I think) the other day at a charger. Her and her husband were a orig owner and still love the car. :) I am 705 and no complaints.

I have Canadian Sig 2028 which is number 28 in Canada. 73k kilometers 2nd owner got it with 16k on it. Still runs like its new. It's in for service right now and I just checked the app and I've been updated to 2018.24.1 12dd099. I'm driving a 2016 Model X 90D as a loaner and I'm in love with this car. Not as quick as mine but the tech in the X is amazing.

Reactions: TMobe
I have Canadian Sig 2028 which is number 28 in Canada. 73k kilometers 2nd owner got it with 16k on it. Still runs like its new. It's in for service right now and I just checked the app and I've been updated to 2018.24.1 12dd099. I'm driving a 2016 Model X 90D as a loaner and I'm in love with this car. Not as quick as mine but the tech in the X is amazing.
Interestingly my Sig has 2018.14.2 although I’ve never noticed a difference between versions.(other than the Easter Eggs)

If I remember correctly there were a total of 2500 Signature cars produced (approx 500 went to Canada) and I don’t think that they were all 2012s. Sig Red was a distinctive color but I find it hard to tell the other Sigs without seeing the Signature emblems up close.

If there are less Sigs on the road either due to being written off or end of life, I’d hope there haven’t been a lot. Mine is still running beautifully and although it’s now "lower" tech than the newer Tesla’s , the temptation to trade it in for Model 3 disappears as soon as I get in and drive. :D

Last edited:
Interestingly my Sig has 2018.14.2 although I’ve never noticed a difference between versions.(other than the Easter Eggs)

If I remember correctly there were a total of 2500 Signature cars produced (approx 500 went to Canada) and I don’t think that they were all 2012s. Sig Red was a distinctive color but I find it hard to tell the other Sigs without seeing the Signature emblems up close.

If there are less Sigs on the road either due to being written off or end of life, I’d hope there haven’t been a lot. Mine is still running beautifully and although it’s now "lower" tech than the newer Tesla’s , the temptation to trade it in for Model 3 disappears as soon as I get in and drive. :D

Model 3 isn't as fast, sexy, spacious or practical as a sig. I have rear facing seats and with a 6 and 7 year old that feature alone takes the cake for me. My performance white seats are still in pristine condition.

I heard there was 1000 Signatures but that number is slightly higher than a 1000 because of some sent to Canada. Super interesting! Never heard a 100% verifiable truth though. As for Signature paint has been on non Signature cars. Mine is still fantastic! Although less miles than most I assume at about 63,000 miles.