TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2012 Model S Signature Cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by optical8, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tccartier

tccartier Member

Another V9 fail. M/S used to have the day and the date displayed on the instrument cluster then the day went away. I just had the date displayed on the calendar icon on the touch screen now after version 9 I have nothing only the time the date is no longer anywhere to be found unless you manually open the Calendar app if you have your phone connected.

How hard is it to display the day/date

• Like x 2
  2. tccartier

tccartier Member

Hey @skhenry81 what do you think of V9? Been waiting for you to come back and let us know what you think..

3. tccartier

tccartier Member

Something else I found probably not of much significance since the browser integrated into the touchscreen has never been very useful, but now even less so. It no longer let's you know that your input has been received or that anything is taking place until the screen actually pops up or whatever action you requested happens and you can see it. The progress indicator across the menu bar is no longer there. So when you select a webpage you don't know that it's actually loading until it appears.

4. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

So I'm on 42.2 now and it works well. I haven't found any flaws that are note worthy thus far. It's more responsive than v8.1 and things have gotten easier to do in terms of finding features in the menu. For instance the navigation tab now has everything in it so you don't need to go into apps anymore. With them bringing back the ability to have the camera at the top while you drive it is now superior to v8.1. Just my take but so far so good. The only new feature I've got is speed limiting. Initially it looked like I had chill mode but it didn't work than disappeared when the next update came out.

5. tccartier

tccartier Member

I still can't get past the fact that the app button along with everything else to get any app on the screen is at the very bottom. And it takes two presses. and of course I guess you found that in order to have any other app open media player has to be open in some form or another along with nav. But like you it seems to be fairly glitch free and it is relatively Snappy. You should have also gotten the ability to control your media player in the car from the phone app along with the speed limit feature.

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Pity the colors on the map are bland. Just boring variations of grey. Don’t like! Overall, not too impressed with this update. I agree, where is the day as well as the date and time. Surely it cant be that hard.

• Like x 2
  7. tccartier

tccartier Member

8. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

There was a cast iron guarantee that signature cars would have free supercharging for life. I have not received any notification at all let alone anything else indicating anything different.

9. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

They can't remove free supercharging from existing cars legally, you paid for that same as you paid for seats and they can't remove them either. This is about ending free supercharging for new cars. Newer cars that had it licensed to the first owner can have it removed based on those licensing terms, but cars that have free supercharging listed on the Monroney sticker are guaranteed forever, it was a hardware purchase at that time and not a licensed service. Going forward, new cars won't have it sold as hardware or licensed as a service, it's just gone.

10. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

according to my tesla page i still have free supercharging for life.

11. tccartier

tccartier Member

Year 5 annual service and good ol Sig 162 rolls on! @76k miles.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  12. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Did anyone get software version 48 yet?

13. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I just read that MC1 cars don't get Pole Position or the ability to use a USB controller .

• Informative x 1
  14. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Got 48 yesterday in Australia. Ho hum.more games, minor unspecified bug fixes.

15. tccartier

tccartier Member

Got it Tuesday. It added romance mode (the crackling fire screen image). And a bunch of whoopee cushion nonsense. No pole position though.

16. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Nope. I just did the update on my 2016 Model S and it was not there.

• Informative x 1
  17. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I was really looking forward to Pole Position as it was my favorite Atari game as a child. Anyone have any idea with MCU1 cars can't get it?

18. tccartier

tccartier Member

I don't know but the updated version of the app now gives me the ability to control the seat heaters while preconditioning.

19. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

Thank goodness this new update has the Emissions Test feature.
    For us old guys it’s a great diversion from the real test when needed...Blame the car.

• Funny x 1
  20. tccartier

tccartier Member

This latest update has been wreaking havoc with my media player though I've been getting lots of freezes and hangs. When trying to stream from the native sources.