Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
documented sunroof issues the entire time I had my car. My sunroof worked ok before the replacement parts, except it was always sticky which I assume caused one of the motor gears to strip so it made a horrible noise when it closed. Now the motors on each side are unsynced and apparently they (San Rafael) could not fix it without doing a complete cartridge replacement @~$6,500 .
You won't have that problem with a Model 3. Just sayin'. ;)

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
I got an update notice this morning, Currently on 2019.12.1.1 didn't have time to fiddle with it this morning I had to go to work will check and see what I got when I get home. My guess is it will be 2019.12.1.2

the update is to 2019.16.11 697c2ff
don't have the specific update notes from my 2012, but there is a thread for this update

thanks for the heads up :) I guess I could have been brave and started the update from the app throughout the day at some point while the car was sitting still anyway then it would have reported what the version was in the app once the update was complete.

only new feature was an "advanced" function for updates... otherwise same notes as 2019.12

Thanks I missed the release notes on the last update. I had one chance to look at them but I did some other stuff on the screen and the release notes disappeared , when I tried to pull them up it was just a blank. This time I see it.
15580648735137754044921140479748.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: gaswalla
It sure does :) in its original form it wasn't tremendously useful it seems to have gotten better and I did use it generally when waiting at superchargers because the screen is bigger than my smartphone (old eyes) lol!

Now I'll see if it keeps working and or how stable it is.

I have a '12 Sig Red S00399 with white leather! Love it! Later tonight, I will check if the browser in 2019.16.1.1 is any more responsive.

Well if you experience is like mine, thus far the browser has been working quite well. Through the last several updates it didn't work at all. I had been on 2018.xx.x.. forever. 12' Sig Red S00162 here.

Reactions: SigRed12
2012 Model S Sig updated to 2019.12.1.1 the other day. At 10% battery the car reported 385 mph (612 mph) supercharge rate for about 5 minutes. Don’t know how many kW or what the conversion rate would be.

On my current trip from Arizona to Minnesota this is the best rate I have seen at any supercharger that I stopped at all were about the same they maxed out at 118. Doesn't look like any of the supercharger mods are going to help the classics.
IMG_20190523_014015.jpg

On my current trip from Arizona to Minnesota this is the best rate I have seen at any supercharger that I stopped at all were about the same they maxed out at 118. Doesn't look like any of the supercharger mods are going to help the classics.View attachment 410959
Just curious, has your battery been replaced? I thought the A batteries were limited to 90kw.

We won’t get any of the newer games due to really old MCU processing/GPU power. Of course Tesla won’t directly tell us this because EVERYTHING IS A SECRET. All I’m asking for is full disclosure when I’m reading the release notes. What does “minor improvements and bug fixes” mean on these older, nonAP cars?

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
There’s a local dealership selling a sig red model s, I tried buying it, unfortunately they want 41k for it
I tried reasoning with them but they won’t budge. According to them they have a “one of a kind” vehicle that’s garnered interest from people all over the country.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
We won’t get any of the newer games due to really old MCU processing/GPU power. Of course Tesla won’t directly tell us this because EVERYTHING IS A SECRET. All I’m asking for is full disclosure when I’m reading the release notes. What does “minor improvements and bug fixes” mean on these older, nonAP cars?

So it seems, and I couldn't agree more about the disclosure would be nice to know exactly what's being fixed without getting too technical.