Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, parking sensors install is most likely loads more than the $200+ I paid to replace the rear lower chrome piece...

Backed in to some roots at a trailhead.

GetProductPicture
url

I asked service a long time ago on mines and they quoted me a stupendously high price....kinda like they didn’t want me to do it.

Have you been able to do it for less?
I would be doing it myself for sure. Was asking the forum to find out where sensors 1,3,4,6 go. S3&4 are in the nose cone area which has the ridged "lip"; while S1&6 are at the fender edges where there are no markings. Was hoping someone here has done it and could share some measurements and if the stock S3&4 sensor holders work for our nose cones. The later, non-signature cars had Gen1.5 nose cones which were curved everywhere and it is for these cones the sensor brackets were made.

Vin# 162 Signature charging very slowly at 54 KW at Rita Road that's the new normal for cars such as this one gun or the days of charging north of 90KW. Of note presently only six stalls available Tesla energy is here working on four of the units.
PXL_20210107_181820066.jpg

Reactions: IdaX
@tccartier , what software version are you on?

Currently Running ( 2020.40.9.2 ) I have been waiting to install "already downloaded" ( 2020.48.12.1 ) going to install that
in a few minutes. I just got home from my service center in Tucson getting my 12V battery replaced along with my control
switches on the steering wheel. Was having voice command issues, and since my 12V was dying it would not allow the
software update to begin.

I'm curious to learn if 2020.48 improved the supercharging speed like I've heard others mention.

Supercharging right now at Rita Road in tucson. Performance significantly improved with the latest update initial charge rate was 122kw at approximately 7%. Upon plugin. Which fell to 85 KW in approximately 3 minutes or so but surprisingly it held there up until approximately 35% charge then dropped to 70 KW and held there through 50% charged. so it is faster compared to what I was getting, certainly improved over the kneecapping that we took from battery charge gate.

Reactions: SigRed12 and IdaX
I'm curious to learn if 2020.48 improved the supercharging speed like I've heard others mention.

Charging much faster through approximately the first 55 to 60% definitely below 50% in the bottom half of the battery. The charge rates were higher and their duration was sustained for longer periods of time before the taper began. Right now at approximately 60% state of charge getting 48 KW and holding. So yes it is faster, much faster south of 50%, north of 50% somewhat improved as well.

Reactions: pilotSteve

In the coming days / weeks when I have a few opportunities to hit up a couple of more superchargers I'll see if the results can be repeated. or if I just hit some kind of a sweet spot in terms of battery pack temperature and so forth when I supercharged this time. Stay tuned but at least for now I would say it is improved considerably.

Reactions: SigRed12

Go to minute 7:00: Elon Musk: "those early Model S seats? those were the worst seats I ever sat on. Ha ha"

Poor old Sig's can't get any love. well I have to admit they're not the best seats I've ever had in a car but they're not anywhere near the worst I've experienced. Understanding of course that these things are subjective ymmv lol!

Reactions: Zapped and gaswalla
Probably late to the party but 2020.48.37 has some interesting changes for the pre AP or classic Model S. The classic letter T or Tesla symbol at the top center of my touch screen is gone I also noticed my instrument cluster has been modified shift indication has been moved to the lower left corner beside the state of charge indicator and the fonts and icons warning lights etc are different they appear to be smaller, and the speed indication font is different. subtle changes but I like them.

Reactions: SigRed12 and Guvnah
Just received 2020.48.37.1

Ironically I had a hard time reading the release notes because the browser kept stumbling in it’s efforts to load them.
This update seems to be a reasonable effort to get the UI in alignment with the newer cars
Supercharger availability is now numerical vs the little red boxes.
The Tesla T is gone from main screen - use ‘software’ to see that info.
The release notes mention a lot of things that seem to have already been available, like venting windows.

Just received 2020.48.37.1

Ironically I had a hard time reading the release notes because the browser kept stumbling in it’s efforts to load them.
This update seems to be a reasonable effort to get the UI in alignment with the newer cars
Supercharger availability is now numerical vs the little red boxes.
The Tesla T is gone from main screen - use ‘software’ to see that info.
The release notes mention a lot of things that seem to have already been available, like venting windows.

Did you ever get 2020.48.37 ? I got that one on February 12th then just a few days ago I got 2020.48.37.1 two updates in less than 10 days.

Not the first time I've seen that happen however back to back rapid updates I usually figure that they're trying to fix something that was overlooked or a bug that became apparent after they pushed out the first version. But who knows? My software preference is set to standard by the way I'm not even sure switching it to advanced would make any difference.