Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was browsing the CPO listings just now and came across what looks like a 2013 Signature Red P85+

Didn't realize the + made it into any Signature Cars.

However, that 0-60 time is way off. I wonder if this is an accurate listing?

Used Inventory | Tesla

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 10.49.39 PM.png

IMG_20180302_191423850.jpg
Updated to this today.
old signature cars are getting more Hardware limited as time goes on as is to be expected :-(. The chill mode went only to performance cars since I have a non performance signature I guess it's always in chill mode :)

RWD cars with AP have chill.

Chill was limited to AP hardware only, even though it has nothing to do with AP. It's just a lazy tesla limitation, they put the word "chill" on the instrument screen for chill mode, and non AP cars haven't gotten the instrument screen update since 6.0 I believe? So chill can't go on a non AP car because that word doesn't fit on the ancient non-AP operating system display. It's just a reminder that non-AP cars aren't going to be updated for the most part.

I have #P01249. It's a silver P85 with black leather, pano roof, carbon fiber interior and spoiler, tech package, premium sound, air suspension and 21" turbine wheels. I bought it from a person off this forum last year and it has been great. Even though it's not a signature car, it has a signature grill and rear chrome signature appliqué. The car now has just over 70k miles, but it's very solid and rattle free. It is a phenomenal car and an absolute joy to drive. Enjoy!!!
I have a similar vintage VIN, S85, how do I find out if I have the signature grill and rear chrome signature applique? Thanks.

I have a similar vintage VIN, S85, how do I find out if I have the signature grill and rear chrome signature applique? Thanks.
The signature cars had at least three unique features; four, if you count the “S” in the VIN. They are (1) a unique nose one, (2) the word “Signature” scripted in the rear appliqué, and (3) the word “Signature” scripted in the side lights on the front fenders. My car has just the scripted rear appliqué and the nose one, not the side lights. I saw VIN #1248 about six months ago and it was all standard hardware, so my car, VIN #1249, seems to be unique. It was a demo car in CO until May 2013, but I don’t know else much about it. I did name it “Frank” though. That’s short for Frankenstein. :)

Here is a picture of the signature nosecone. You’ll notice there is a small step about two-thirds up, whereas the standard nosecone is largely flat.

Attachments

• B72DDF22-CFB2-480B-B160-E2FBE785E672.jpeg
    B72DDF22-CFB2-480B-B160-E2FBE785E672.jpeg
    632.1 KB · Views: 96
The signature cars had at least three unique features; four, if you count the “S” in the VIN. They are (1) a unique nose one, (2) the word “Signature” scripted in the rear appliqué, and (3) the word “Signature” scripted in the side lights on the front fenders. My car has just the scripted rear appliqué and the nose one, not the side lights. I saw VIN #1248 about six months ago and it was all standard hardware, so my car, VIN #1249, seems to be unique. It was a demo car in CO until May 2013, but I don’t know else much about it. I did name it “Frank” though. That’s short for Frankenstein. :)

Here is a picture of the signature nosecone. You’ll notice there is a small step about two-thirds up, whereas the standard nosecone is largely flat.

5 or 6 if you count the instrument cluster and touch screen display that depicts the car as a Signature that other Tesla Model S production cars don't have

There's also the unique signature red color along with the signature interior trim neither of which are available beyond the first 1000 cars

Reactions: TMobe and jschwefel
My car has just the scripted rear appliqué and the nose one, not the side lights.

I believe the early cars had side lights attached with some non-galvanized hardware that tended to rust. Some early owners noted rust stains dripping out from the side lights. Tesla was happy to replace them, but at the time I had mine done (maybe 2014 or 2015?), they were having a hard time finding ones that said "Signature". I got some, but somebody getting a replacement after me might not have.

• Informative
Reactions: jschwefel
I believe the early cars had side lights attached with some non-galvanized hardware that tended to rust. Some early owners noted rust stains dripping out from the side lights. Tesla was happy to replace them, but at the time I had mine done (maybe 2014 or 2015?), they were having a hard time finding ones that said "Signature". I got some, but somebody getting a replacement after me might not have.
I ran into the same issue with the back tailgate chrome. They had to replace it and I lost my Sig badging there :(

New member here - just purchased my brother's 2012 Signature Red P85 - VIN 5YJSA1DP3CFS00007. He was on the list for a Model 3 and couldn't wait for the Tesla experience, so found this car, with a CA salvage title, in the Bay Area last summer. He fell in love with 007 and raved about it. Now being a Tesla owner, it sped up his Model 3 delivery and he was faced with the dilemma - keep or sell. Being #007, I thought we should keep it in the family. I bought it from him and had it trucked down from Washington State to Dallas last week. I have been learning the features intuitively, but finally found the manual button on the screen. I don't even know what to post about what the car has, though it does have the "Signature" on the side lights and the back trunk lid panel. He was going to drive it down to me, via Spring Training in Phoenix, but 2 days before, got some message about the battery and so it has a loaner battery. Maybe I'll get a new battery! How do I tell if it has dual chargers or the single charger? I need to figure out how big a circuit to get put in for the HPWC. I love this car!
Inspection.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TacC and ModelX