Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Tips and Camera Suggestions

moshner

Jul 14, 2021
Kansas
Hey folks! I'm new here. I just ordered a 2012 Model S 85. I'm okay without AP because this is in my budget and I've always wanted a Model S since they were first announced. This one comes with a new battery, new MCU, new drive motor, 3rd row seats, and the free premium connectivity. I'm very excited!

Anyway, I would like to get a dashcam since, if I'm right, the 2012 doesn't come with the Teslacam feature. What would you suggest for a dashcam? I'd like something that records like sentry mode when I'm parked as well.

Amazon.com: PIONEER ND-DVR100 Low Profile Full 1080P HD Dash Camera with 2-Inch Display, 140° Ultra-Wide Viewing Angle, G-Sensor & Built-in GPS, Black looked good but I would love some advice.

Also, do you have any tips for a first time Tesla owner? Any tips on upgrading/accessories for my new car?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC