Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 P85 HV battery replacement options -- need perspective.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im personally not interested in another remanufactured battery pack, im willing to spend the extra money on a new pack, but i need to find a place that will give me a yes. my pack is under warranty till march 2023 , theres about 120,000 miles on it right now, and im sick of the slow supercharging, as my only car it makes road trips a burden.
i checked my 2 closest service centers, dublin ca, and fremont ca, and they both told me they cant put the 1014116-00-c in my car.
got someone at the dublin service center to order me a 1014116-00-c however it got updated and changed to a 1102982-01-a and i cant really find any information about this battery pack... seen some older posts back in 2018 making me think this battery pack is old, also found another one in 2022, sent the guy a pm

Attachments

• t7jxgdpa.jpg
    t7jxgdpa.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 160
got someone at the dublin service center to order me a 1014116-00-c however it got updated and changed to a 1102982-01-a and i cant really find any information about this battery pack... seen some older posts back in 2018 making me think this battery pack is old, also found another one in 2022, sent the guy a pm
Remanufactured.. BUT... it MAY still be one of the 1014116-00-c ones once it arrives and the invoice changes. Dunno. Seems to be a crap shoot.

Remanufactured.. BUT... it MAY still be one of the 1014116-00-c ones once it arrives and the invoice changes. Dunno. Seems to be a crap shoot.
this is with the changed invoice, assuming one of the remote guys looked at it and added all the extra necessary stuff to change out the pack... it was just the battery pack and bolts before
im not gonna take the gamble with my own money

Old pack isn't worth the money. You need to insist on the newer pack if you are paying out of pocket.

The new pack has 14 modules and the reman has 16. The weight difference is around 100 lbs., and the better cell tech in the new battery allows faster charging.
Thx.
Hello wk057: I am in the same boat. I have a SUPER clean 2013 Model S 85 with 161K miles. Light Grey on Blk with 21" rims. No accidents clean in and out with a new MCU (LTE), free supercharging and connectivity. Just got the BMS u029 message and the SC wants to charge me 13,500 plus tax and labor to install a reconditioned battery. I would love to see if you want to make me an offer as-is. It still charging to 85 miles, throttled.
I've just created a Facebook Group about this subject so that we can contribute our experiences and help others in our similar situation. All others also welcome. Please consider joining. Log into Facebook

so far my experience with my service center at dublin sucks. the representative (not the guy in virtual chat) has reached out to the guy ddb1001 told me to at berkeley to see what they say, but this is pretty garbage service, i even requested more info on the battery in the quote and they just respond with "please accept it" which is not a good answer to me.
so thanks to michael at dublin who is actually not giving up on me for now, he came from berkeley service center, and told me berkeley is much better.

oh the last part didnt make it into the screen shot.
i said... "ill make this simple for you. im either getting what i requested or im going to try a different service center until i get what i request."

not sure how else to insist on a new pack lol...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-205117_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031-205117_Tesla.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: blodg1 and ddb1001
so far my experience with my service center at dublin sucks. the representative (not the guy in virtual chat) has reached out to the guy ddb1001 told me to at berkeley to see what they say, but this is pretty garbage service, i even requested more info on the battery in the quote and they just respond with "please accept it" which is not a good answer to me.
so thanks to michael at dublin who is actually not giving up on me for now, he came from berkeley service center, and told me berkeley is much better.

oh the last part didnt make it into the screen shot.
i said... "ill make this simple for you. im either getting what i requested or im going to try a different service center until i get what i request."

not sure how else to insist on a new pack lol...
As a former employee I'll tell you to be sure to always have the last word in the chat and use a complete sentence. All responses from the customer result in an added count to the indicator at the top of the screen of the assigned advisor. That advisor has two options; reply to the thread or dismiss to clear. I say complete sentences to prevent dismissal which is explicitly used when a customer reply's with something short like "thanks" or an emoji.

As a former employee I'll tell you to be sure to always have the last word in the chat and use a complete sentence. All responses from the customer result in an added count to the indicator at the top of the screen of the assigned advisor. That advisor has two options; reply to the thread or dismiss to clear. I say complete sentences to prevent dismissal which is explicitly used when a customer reply's with something short like "thanks" or an emoji.

That's good to know. Thanks. But unfortunately, in my recent service ticket, my complete sentences were ignored along with the service request "Canceled" with no further explanation from them.

That's good to know. Thanks. But unfortunately, in my recent service ticket, my complete sentences were ignored along with the service request "Canceled" with no further explanation from them.
Once a "Service Visit" (SV as we called it) is cancelled, your chat responses are trapped in the cancelled visit. Anyone can research a cancelled SV and see your cries but notifications are no longer sent and the SV is gone from the queue.

Is my non use of periods an incomplete sentence?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221101_130411.jpg
    Screenshot_20221101_130411.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 99