Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Q4 Earnings Report thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Idea

I'm actually not holding my position into earnings. May be an awful decision but I sold out at the end of today.

Tomorrow could be the start of an absurd run. But we just had an absurd run. Given how much the stock has risen in the last month, I'd say we're set up for the final shakeout after earnings posts tomorrow.

Be aware that in market capitalization terms, Tesla is at all time highs. Much higher then the last time the stock hit near 40, due to more shares outstanding from their 2ndaries.

Going to have to post absurd numbers to live up to expectations (gross margin +20%, production 20k/year, outlook is key)

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Like everyone here, I await the call with more anticipation anxiety than any other call ever!
From a 100% irrational perspective ... I find it a little hard to believe that Elon would appear on Kimmel if he'd just delivered very bad news.
Then again, (I'm going to catch some odd replies for this comment), Heinrick Fisker (sp?) did appear for a talk at the Chicago Auto Show and he's hardly smiling.
7 hours to go ...

Like everyone here, I await the call with more anticipation anxiety than any other call ever!
From a 100% irrational perspective ... I find it a little hard to believe that Elon would appear on Kimmel if he'd just delivered very bad news.
Then again, (I'm going to catch some odd replies for this comment), Heinrick Fisker (sp?) did appear for a talk at the Chicago Auto Show and he's hardly smiling.
7 hours to go ...

Appreciate your perspective sp4rk re: the Kimmel appearance. Elon's personality is forthright and usually quite prescient!?!
I got burned unloading CREE pre-earnings last month. So I am conversely entrenched in TSLA to pay off my S and/or reserve my Gen III soon!