TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2012 Rav 4 EV for sale

Discussion in 'Other Cars for Sale' started by Lloyd, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

#1 Lloyd, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    IMG_0502.jpg IMG_0503.jpg IMG_0504.jpg IMG_0505.jpg IMG_0506.jpg IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

White with 29K miles. Perfect condition. You could put this car in a new car showroom and it would be perfect. $25K firm.

For those unfamiliar, this car was produced by a joint venture between Tesla and Toyota as a compliance car for 2012.

Pictures posted.

2. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

Did you sell this one? I would like to sell mine too.

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Not sold yet, I will entertain all reasonable offers.

4. viktorleon

viktorleon Member

What's the range on that bad boy?

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

With extended charge 150 miles. It does about 10% better than indicated on the range meter.

6. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Love the RAV4 EV. Had a 2013, since passed along to a family member. It's one of the main reasons I eventually got a Model S. GLWS!

7. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Given that most of the offers on my 2012 Model S with still over 240 miles range in excellent condition (albeit 98,000 miles) is not getting offers over ~$27k, I would think that $25k for the Rav is gonna be tough. I haven't looked at KBB, but the market is tight on these older EVs right now given the Model 3 rollout.

8. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

The supply on the RAV4 EVs is going to be low since there were so few of them built, but the prices at dealerships has been hovering around this point for a while:
    Pre-Owned 2014 Toyota RAV4 EV FWD Sport Utility

I was interested in them for a while, but concerns about parts and costs out of warranty (due to how few of them were made) kept me away. That being said, this one looks super clean, good luck with sale OP!

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Yep, likely a little high. But is clean and perfect! Looking for offers! :)

• Like x 1
  10. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Good luck, I always loved that vehicle and wished that Toyota had done more with it than make it a compliance vehicle.

• Love x 1
  11. miimura

miimura Active Member

It's only worth your asking price ($25k) with a JdeMO and a 8 or 10 year 125,000 mile Toyota Platinum warranty included. I think you'll be lucky to get $20k on the Central Coast, no matter how perfect it is.

If it never had HOV stickers, it might be worth a little more to someone in the Bay Area or LA area.

12. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... I'll keep trying. I was offered 20K from a church and a 5K donation for the balance. Maybe I'll take them back up on that if I dont sell it. Or just keep it. Shame it is not being driven.

13. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

That's a pretty decent offer considering the market for them.

• Like x 1