Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Sig Performance:Opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, wanted to see what ya'll think of this used car. Not my car BTW.

2012 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan Signature Performance For Sale in Miami, FL | TrueCar

Actually, I think this is the car.

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

I was wondering what you think, price etc. I have a M3 reservation, which who knows when I will get (Non-owner, in store, Florida). But then I got thinking, after options an older 12/13 Model S might save me 20k. Looks like I can get a Sig for about 10k less than the model 3, unless I wait until next year.

I would recommend calling Tesla to get service records. Figure out what has been replaced. I have the exact same car, bought CPO w/ 44k miles and thus far, that warranty has given me: a new sunroof, a new touchscreen, 2 new sets of TPMS, a new motor, and 4 new door handles/mechanisms. Parts on sig cars weren't nearly as ironed out/reliable compared to Teslas rolling off the assembly line now, so a Model 3 is going to be far more reliable/better built.

That said, I drove a 3 recently and a Sig P85 is A LOT more fun/engaging to drive. I'm waiting for performance AWD M3

Reactions: bhzmark
The Sigs are pretty much hand built which makes them awesome, but they lack a lot of the new features. I have riden in a 3 and would never buy one and I have had a Sig and it is an attention getter but I would rather have some of the new feature like AP 1.

I would recommend calling Tesla to get service records. Figure out what has been replaced. I have the exact same car, bought CPO w/ 44k miles and thus far, that warranty has given me: a new sunroof, a new touchscreen, 2 new sets of TPMS, a new motor, and 4 new door handles/mechanisms. Parts on sig cars weren't nearly as ironed out/reliable compared to Teslas rolling off the assembly line now, so a Model 3 is going to be far more reliable/better built.

That said, I drove a 3 recently and a Sig P85 is A LOT more fun/engaging to drive. I'm waiting for performance AWD M3

Tesla might not be as nice when asking.... I asked about mine when I got mine as a CPO and they said they can't tell me anything from the previous owner. Isn't that crazy?

Hey guys, wanted to see what ya'll think of this used car. Not my car BTW.

2012 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan Signature Performance For Sale in Miami, FL | TrueCar

Actually, I think this is the car.

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

I was wondering what you think, price etc. I have a M3 reservation, which who knows when I will get (Non-owner, in store, Florida). But then I got thinking, after options an older 12/13 Model S might save me 20k. Looks like I can get a Sig for about 10k less than the model 3, unless I wait until next year.
The two cars are both red but the vin’s are different from the Carfax and the owner delivery story.

The pics look nice, but of course, they are just pics. Good price, but if you could get it even lower that would leave a few bucks to do a few updates. I was lucky to find one with parking sensors already added and I would have really missed those if I had bought a regular Sig. Obviously from the instrument panel they love to show off the acceleration, but apparently like to drain the battery down too. LOL