TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2012 Signature Red P85

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by ddenboer, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

2012 Tesla Model S Signature Red Performance, 85kW battery, 7 seats, Panoramic roof

This is a well-sorted car with all recent service performed by Tesla Sunnyvale. Car was delivered in November 2012 at the factory, and has been driven 80,300 miles since then (lots of trips to Disneyland from Morgan Hill). Carpool stickers included for CA driving.

Color is Signature Red, with black leather (with red piping) seating surfaces, and leather/alcantara throughout. Trim is carbon fiber. Exterior body of the car is excellent with no dings, dents, or damage of any kind. 21” gray wheels have some road rash.

Most recent service was annual (24k mile) service performed in March 2016, which included brand new 21” ContiSilent tires. All possible recalls and upgrades have been performed. New floor mats and window cover included.

Included Options:
    * Rear facing kids seats for total of 7 seats
    * Ceramic Tinted rear windows
    * Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
    * Panoramic Roof
    * High End Tech Package
    * On-Board Maps and GPS Navigation
    * Supercharger Enabled and Dual Charger
    * Smart Air Suspension
    * Memory Seats
    * Mirrors and Driver Profile
    * Heated Seats
    * Power Liftgate
    * LED Daytime Running Lights
    * LED Cornering Lights
    * Auto Retracting Door Handles
    * Lighted Door Handles
    * Auto Keyless Entry
    * Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Trim
    * Parcel Shelf
    * Premium Interior Lighting
    * Fog Lamps
    * Paint Armor Protection
    * Nappa Leather Trim
    * Bluetooth and USB Port Inputs
    * HD rear camera
    * Carbon fiber spoiler
    * Signature package
    * new floor mats

KBB on this car is $51k. Willing to sell here on TMC for $47k.

2. Harley

Harley New Member

Do you have pictures?

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@ddenboer - Good luck on the sale! I hope it finds a good home. For those interested in the details, are you comfortable sharing the last 5 of the VIN?

4. p85lover/owner

I think this is a to much. I paid close to 55k on my p85 cpo which had 40000 miles, I would think about this for 35,40k.

5. p85lover/owner

Maybe even lower is you do tesla's value at 1 dollar a mile plus 1% per month.

6. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yeah, it would be close to free! I'd pick up a few like this one.

Tesla usually uses that for fairly recent, low-mile cars - the depreciation is higher early on. As cars get older and have more miles, the formula becomes less useful.

7. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

This is Sig 00776. Wholesale value is closer to 42k, and I have a wholesale offer of $42k from a reputable company already. Was obviously hoping to get more seeing as the car was $118k new and just got full annual inspection and brand new tires.

8. p85lover/owner

If I was you I would most likely take 42K or try to sell it for 44,45k once the right person sees it it will sell. At even 47k for a tesla that seems tempting somebody will buy it just give it some time. Very nice car!

9. Electric Joe

Electric Joe Member

What sort of range degradation have you seen? When I took delivery of my Signature CPO last year with 44,500 miles on it, the car would range charge to 244 miles, which is about an 8% degradation in range. (That's assuming that a range charge's mile estimation is an accurate measure of battery capacity.)

Having spent months carefully looking at prices and specs of cars just like this one at ev-cpo.com I can say that $47k isn't totally unreasonable, if slightly high considering the lack of a warranty. And, in my opinion after owning a very low VIN car (in the low 500s) a warranty is a beautiful thing. Mine has needed a lot of small fixes in the three months I've owned it.

10. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

I get a full charge of around 240-245 miles (it varies and I haven't had to do it in some months).

11. EkBuZ

EkBuZ Member

Is there any warranty available besides the remainder of the 8yr/infinite mile battery? And another vote for pics of this beauty.

12. Dan Zorrilla

Dan Zorrilla Member

Just for comparison sake, I paid $48.8k for an immaculate 2013 Tesla CPO S85 with 51k miles in January. It came with a 4 year/50k warranty.

13. stepjan

stepjan New Member

14. stepjan

stepjan New Member

Interested in your Signature Red P85 #00776. My brother lives in Elk Grove and could come to San Martin (if that is where your car is) to see your beauty and finalize a sale, if both parties are in agreement. Please advise me how you would like to proceed.

15. stepjan

stepjan New Member

16. stepjan

stepjan New Member

To ddenboer: Is this Sig Model S still for sale? If so, could an inspection and eventual transfer of sale be conducted at the Tesla Sunnyvale service center this week? Please advise

17. Nismode

Nismode Member

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly, nut the car had 24k miles for its most recent service, now it has 80k?

18. EkBuZ

EkBuZ Member

I'm guessing it went in for an annual service every 24k miles.