Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Terms of Agreement - ESA Extended Service Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

Got a really nice surprise this week - found out our 2012 Model S has an ESA through 2023. Not 100% sure how/why, but I think it ESA purchased by the original owner, car traded in, sold again as CPO (we bought it PP from this owner) and once CPO ended it kicked in.

*** My Question: In searching and reading about the ESA's, it seems they evolved over time and have different terms. Some included towing, some didn't, some were $200 deductible per visit, some per individual item fixed.

1) How would I get a copy of the exact contract terms our ESA is under? It seems impossible to get anyone live on the phone at Tesla anymore. :(

2) Can anyone confirm what terms a 201 would be under?

3) Anyone know if we will be charge d$200 per item fixed or can we gang multiple small things together and pay $200 per visit?

Thank you.

Drive to a Tesla store. Talk to someone in person to find out the date the ESA was purchased. Then get a print out of the ESA terms as of that date.

The per visit fee is not per item; lump as many as you can all together.

Drive to a Tesla store. Talk to someone in person to find out the date the ESA was purchased. Then get a print out of the ESA terms as of that date.

The per visit fee is not per item; lump as many as you can all together.

Thanks. I drove to the service center yesterday since I was nearby and it seemed like it would be a slow day. One of the staff confirmed its 200 per visit, which is great. Time to generate a long list. He wasn't helpful with getting a copy of the agreement, but maybe the sales office would be.