Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Tesla Model S Signature Performance P85 90k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife wants to get a Model Y after driving my Model 3. We loved this car but I think it's time to move on to a new Tesla. This car was purchased from Tesla CPO and has one of the lowest VINs I've seen for a P85 model. This vehicle is fully loaded just with every other Signature Performance Model. This car is in great shape but has some wear and tear from the kids sitting in the car.

Black Exterior / Black with Red Stitching Interior
Carbon Fiber Trim
100% charge yield about 240 miles still. But any forum member knows this doesn't mean anything.
Free lifetime supercharging

1) Technology Package - Air Suspension / Navigation / Web Browser etc..
2) Premium Sound
3) Rear Jump Seats
4) Dual chargers for 80A charging (I don't know why Tesla discontinued this on newer models. We love the fast charge rate)
5) Panoramic Roof
6) LTE Upgrade by Tesla
7) Gen 2 TPMS Upgrade (Shows PSI on instrument cluster)
8) Center Console upgrade
9) First gen door handles replaced by Tesla
10) Clear third brake light only comes on Signature Models
11) Signature Nose cone available, currently not installed.
12) Ceramic Tint installed including clear windshield ceramic film

Currently the car has the original 19" wheels installed, but I have multiple wheel options available if the buyer is interested. I have a set of 21" Turbines, 21" Silver Arachnids, 21" Grey Arachnids, and 19" Slipstream. Final pricing of the vehicle will depend on the wheels selected.

I'm looking to get 32k for the vehicle and located near the LA/OC Border.

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.png
    image.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 46
Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I'm not a Tesla owner nor an immediate purchaser, but as a long time dreamer I can say conclusively that it's too high for someone like me to consider. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but from my perspective:

a) Being a very early VIN is a disadvantage unless a majority of the the problem components have been replaced. Probably have, but still concerning

b) No AP (plus no ultrasonic sensors and such) which means depreciation is going to be higher and higher every year especially since 100k is about to be crossed.

c) Air Suspension would concern me long term

$32k is just way too much for me. Right now, for $31k I could get a 2014 from Tesla direct with 72k being a lot newer and with AP. Add to it a 2 year, 28k mile warranty and yeah. I think you'll have to get under $30k and maybe further to get it sold. Keep in mind you can get a new Model 3 for $38k now as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rmf1981
If you're looking for a quick sale, you probably need to be below $30k. Unfortunately, there aren't likely too many potential buyers who will appreciate the added rarity of the Signature trim or that yours is a very loaded car by 2012 MS standards.

Have you gotten an appraisal from Tesla, CarMax, or Carvana? Obviously, these would be wholesale/trade numbers but would give you a sense of the bottom dollar value in the current market. Carvana may offer the most as they still regularly deal in older Teslas while Tesla and CarMax wouldn't be looking to retail the car and would presumably send it straight to auction.

Reactions: Rmf1981