Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Blue Tesla Model S P85 (13k miles, $77k)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Options mean very little once it's a used car
dealers give them almost no value from other auto brands-- let's say a used car had 20k in options once it's a used car those options are worth 10% on the dollar
also with a CPO car you get 4 more years bumper to bumper warranty. a cpo car is worth 5k more minimum.
good luck
i'd take the 70-72k that was offered since miles are low. my guess if you were to trade it back to tesla their offer would be in 62-63k range on a straight buy back.

Just for reference 2013 Mercedes S550'S with 110-115 msrp are selling for 55k. i'd say the fact you might be able to sell for 70k is pretty amazing.

Here's the problem with that: A Mercedes S550 with a build date of June or later in that year, will have the following model year. A S550 dated 06/2013 or later was a 2014. This holds true even in non-new bodystyle years. As anyone who knows a thing or two about Tesla will tell you, they don't recognize model years. They are constantly improving and upgrading. A Model S delivered Jan. 2013 will be a 2013, sure, but it will be missing countless revisions in lighting, seating, interior, door handles, and a number of features like parking sensors, cold-weather heating, and power mirrors. You're also not getting a D battery and likely restricted to 90kW supercharging. That doesn't even count the numerous refinements to production and assembly, and improvements in build quality and fitment. That Jan. 2013 P85 would also be around the 3000th off the line, and only a few months younger than the first Model S sold. Meanwhile, a Dec. 2013 like this would be #26,000 or later, have almost an entire year's worth of improvements and additions, and for all intents and purposes, be equivalent to an early 2014. Still think all 2013s are worth the same 70k?

Even Tesla seems to be ignoring model years and just applying its CPO formula to the prices (Of course, in GENERAL a random 2014 is going to be newer and lower mileage than a random 2013). A Model S sold Dec. 31 2013 will be a 2013. A Model S sold Jan. 1 2014 will be a 2014....Same car. Not like the difference between a 2013 S550 or a 2014 S550, or most any other car. The difference holds true to a lesser extent with 2014 as well since most of the early teething problems were ironed out by that time, the biggest difference being whether it has autopilot hardware or not. That's all contingent on build date, even though 2 different cars might both be "2014s" on paper. So you see, with the Model S, build date apart from model year is a lot more important than it is for other cars. Is a Jan. 2014 P85 with 20,000 miles more valuable than a Dec. 2013 P85 with 19,000 miles? Not to me, other than being one month newer. For Mercedes, you can also bet being the last year of the old bodystyle, as well as having pricey and frequent maintenance and service, that the 2013 S550 especially took a nosedive.