Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 in the shop...2018 loaner MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 15 MS loaner and own a 12 MS. Why don't we get the circle energy gauge? Seems like that'd be an easy update?!

I think it's because we have the big center circle speedometer where as the other cars have the autopilot in the center. If we had a circle energy gauge then we'd be seeing the energy expenditure rise/fall in two places on the same screen. I realize it would be redundant but I still think it looks better :/

Reactions: bigbear
I think it's because we have the big center circle speedometer where as the other cars have the autopilot in the center. If we had a circle energy gauge then we'd be seeing the energy expenditure rise/fall in two places on the same screen. I realize it would be redundant but I still think it looks better :/
It does look better, was hoping to get it in an update.

The parking sensors can be done via Tesla or an outside source and unplugged performance sells the new front fascia for our cars.

Have you gotten the parking sensors installed Scole04? I was amazed by how much I liked the UI's visualization of the parking distance and stuff in my loaner car. Even though I realize it has much more sophisticated sensors (autopilot), if the installed ones are anything even close I'd still be really interested.

I've asked my service center several times about it (is it available/how much would it cost) and they just always ... ignore that line of questioning. Not sure why.

I'd love some parking sensors. My wife won't even park our model s in the garage. Well, it's probably because she scraped the paint off the MS from the side of our garage right on to the car. Parking sensors would have prevented this.

The parking sensors can be done via Tesla or an outside source and unplugged performance sells the new front fascia for our cars.

Have you gotten the parking sensors installed Scole04? I was amazed by how much I liked the UI's visualization of the parking distance and stuff in my loaner car. Even though I realize it has much more sophisticated sensors (autopilot), if the installed ones are anything even close I'd still be really interested.

I've asked my service center several times about it (is it available/how much would it cost) and they just always ... ignore that line of questioning. Not sure why.

So picked up my car today (whisper quiet with the new drive unit, so happy!), and .... I still can't explain exactly what it is, but it was a thrill to drive home compared to the 75D. I did notice the 75D was noticeably powerful on the highway. I could suddenly be at 80mph without even feeling like I was going fast, or having noticed that I was accelerating up to that speed.

Either way though, I just really loved the feeling of driving my 60S. It was very refreshing to be driving it again.

I share your feeling.
I’m always happy to get back in our 85, after D loaners, even after a P90DL that we had for 10 days (also DU replacement).
Sure Ludicrous acceleration is great but on a daily base, the 85 is plenty of fun already.
And the car’s dynamics as a RWD is to me key.
I also am very fond of my jacht floor and huge frunk.
And personal taste of course: I prefer my 19” wheels over the new ones.
As said above, Tesla got it right so early on. I’m planning on keeping mine for as long as I can, but sure hope by the time I need to change, a RWD version will again be offered. Yeah I know, probably unlikely to happen.

Around 2014-2015 threads about retrofitting including parking sensors and TMPS 2.0 were quite popular. The process of retrofitting parking sensors requires drilling holes for the sensors and repainting or rewrapping when your done. (~5-6k total) last i heard. Tesla priorities have changed in many ways as they have grown. I would try different service centers you definately get different answers depending on the service center you choose.

Around 2014-2015 threads about retrofitting including parking sensors and TMPS 2.0 were quite popular. The process of retrofitting parking sensors requires drilling holes for the sensors and repainting or rewrapping when your done. (~5-6k total) last i heard. Tesla priorities have changed in many ways as they have grown. I would try different service centers you definately get different answers depending on the service center you choose.

Yeah coincidentally mine just replied to my ask about it telling me that they don't offer this upgrade anymore (but that it was around 6k when they did). Said that it may be offered in the future at some point.

I just wanted to resurrect this long dead thread to let anyone who was confused by my experience know that I got another 2018 75D loaner for 1 day for a different issue and.........holy crap the difference is HUGE.

This loaner and the previous one are the exact same model, this one is 10,000 miles newer (but both were <15k), and both were set on standard acceleration, but this one ZOOMS. I don't know what was wrong with the other one but this one is incredible and I totally get what everyone said about how it should feel significantly more powerful than my old RWD S60. This one made my sunglasses fly to the back of the car when they were sitting in the cubby. It's the first time I've felt like it would be nice to have a newer MS, but I still love mine.

• Informative
Reactions: erik_k and croman
This one made my sunglasses fly to the back of the car when they were sitting in the cubby. It's the first time I've felt like it would be nice to have a newer MS, but I still love mine.

I'm glad your new experience is now in line with my experience with my 2015 85D (its usually my wife's spare pair that goes flying). The time I had a 2013 60 as a loaner, the lack of AWD was jarring to me, so when I saw your original post, it seemed so backwards.

I just wanted to resurrect this long dead thread to let anyone who was confused by my experience know that I got another 2018 75D loaner for 1 day for a different issue and.........holy crap the difference is HUGE.

This loaner and the previous one are the exact same model, this one is 10,000 miles newer (but both were <15k), and both were set on standard acceleration, but this one ZOOMS. I don't know what was wrong with the other one but this one is incredible and I totally get what everyone said about how it should feel significantly more powerful than my old RWD S60. This one made my sunglasses fly to the back of the car when they were sitting in the cubby. It's the first time I've felt like it would be nice to have a newer MS, but I still love mine.

Yea, an uncorked 75D is what I have and its powerful (the front of the car rises when you launch from a red light). I did have a P85DL loaner and that was absolutely bonkers with Luda launches. My daughter has never been happier watching her toys flying around the car. 75D doesn't come close to that level of violence. Never done a P100D launch. I heard that actually hurts.

Reactions: Shadnic