Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 60, Dallas, 7,300 miles, original owner, $38.9k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car Details:

Silver metallic exterior
Light creamy interior
Eight airbags
Anti-theft alarm
17" capacitive touchscreen
Bluetooth wireless technology
200 watt, 7 speaker stereo system
19' wheels
Upgraded leather seats

Car is original as purchased, looks new!! Obviously not driven much but just enough to keep it charged and in good running order. Replaced 12v battery in the spring 2020 and had main batteries checked out by Tesla which were all good. Paid $83,320 new so for 47% of purchase price you have a 7300 miles car- almost new. Vin# 5YJSA1CGXDFP21504 Please call or text or email for questions. 214-317-9347 or [email protected]
20201106_172051.jpg 20200604_171911.jpg 20200604_171940.jpg 20200604_172302.jpg 20200604_172145.jpg 20200604_172014.jpg

I just spoke with customer service and they say that any vehicle purchased before Jan 15, 2017 is eligible (has) unlimited supercharging so yes it does. Will try to verify the leather upgrade tomorrow but the same rep said that a 10k leather upgrade was an option in 2013 (hand written on window sticker).

@Ben1db – Are you the original owner? If yes, are you saying that you don’t know what you paid $10,000 for? Seems strange....

Please forgive me if I’ve misunderstood. Stay healthy all.

I have spoken to Ben1db directly. He is the owner's nextdoor neighbor and is simply being helpful by posting to our TMC forum. His neighbor is the original owner of the Model S. I am sure he will respond once he feels like he has been able to verify that he has accurate information. I have called Tesla service myself and they state the car should have FUSC . . . however, it was an option for a 2013 Model S 60 configuration. With conflicting information . . . I kindly suggested they simply take the car to a local Supercharger to determine if it works.

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
I have spoken to Ben1db directly. He is the owner's nextdoor neighbor and is simply being helpful by posting to our TMC forum. His neighbor is the original owner of the Model S. I am sure he will respond once he feels like he has been able to verify that he has accurate information. I have called Tesla service myself and they state the car should have FUSC . . . however, it was an option for a 2013 Model S 60 configuration. With conflicting information . . . I kindly suggested they simply take the car to a local Supercharger to determine if it works.

Ok, finally got the answers from Tesla this afternoon. The car will accept a supercharge but does not have unlimited charging as was an option in 2013. As the leather option, it's simply a $1,500 upgrade and not $10,000. The original owner died 2 or 3 yrs ago and as stated above I am the next door neighbor trying to help his widow sell the car. Sorry for the confusion, sometimes it can be difficult getting accurate info. Tesla also stated that the purchase was in September 2013 so the batteries have warranty till Sept 2021.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
Is anyone else gobsmacked by this window sticker?!?

This was/is a 2013 MS 60, Rear Wheel Drive, and the window sticker begins with "$69 . . ."

The current, 2021 MS LR+ is ~$69,420.

For the same or less money, it has:

TWO Motors, All Wheel Drive
Autopilot (and potentially FSD for $10k more)
A Premium Interior/HiFi Sound, Raven Air Suspension, MCU 2, Sentry and Dashcam, etc.
Full Glass Roof
A greatly increased EPA Range of ~402 miles
A much faster 0-60 time and top speed
And is a safer, more crashworthy vehicle, per IIHS.org
Greatly increased Supercharger access at over 20,000 points, and counting more each month
Greatly increased Mobile Service and Service Center locations
Illuminated visor mirrors (finally!)
And so forth with the dozens of incremental improvements over the past eight years . . . .
(But STILL no coat hooks?!?)

Talk about riding the cost curve down!

Has Tesla created the automotive equivalent of Moore's Law?

Prices of a number of EVs have come down over the years through MSRP reductions and/or increased rebates. We've seen the base price of the MS LR+ lowered by more than $10k in just the last six months including two reductions within days of each other.

Some of the reductions, Tesla and GM specifically, were at least partially the manufacturer adjusting prices to make up for the loss of the federal tax credits. The 2013 MS 60 had a base price of $69,900 but also qualified for a $7,500 federal tax credit.

Pricing is going to continue to be volatile in the EV market in the coming years as more competition enters the space, technology improves, volumes increase, tax credits change, etc.

Reactions: kwellmey
Is anyone else gobsmacked by this window sticker?!?

This was/is a 2013 MS 60, Rear Wheel Drive, and the window sticker begins with "$69 . . ."

The current, 2021 MS LR+ is ~$69,420.

For the same or less money, it has:

TWO Motors, All Wheel Drive
Autopilot (and potentially FSD for $10k more)
A Premium Interior/HiFi Sound, Raven Air Suspension, MCU 2, Sentry and Dashcam, etc.
Full Glass Roof
A greatly increased EPA Range of ~402 miles
A much faster 0-60 time and top speed
And is a safer, more crashworthy vehicle, per IIHS.org
Greatly increased Supercharger access at over 20,000 points, and counting more each month
Greatly increased Mobile Service and Service Center locations
Illuminated visor mirrors (finally!)
And so forth with the dozens of incremental improvements over the past eight years . . . .
(But STILL no coat hooks?!?)

Talk about riding the cost curve down!