Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 60kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But now the 60 is a classic right? Supply -v- demand, supply just stopped yesterday...
This is the exact reason I'm holding on to my iPhone 3G. Who wants to start the bidding at $500? Seriously, even Musk points out that Tesla is a technology company calling the Model S a computer on wheels. I think used values will reflect this fact and we will see substantial price drops at each upgrade that is not backwards compatible.

I priced up a 70D like my base model 60 and my 60 has all the original extra items that they charge for now. It came to over $82K and I have owned my MS 60 for almost 2 year and have 43k miles on it. Still holds about 98% of its original charge, get 178 at 90%. I would think there are many people who would pay $55k for a car like this considering. I wouldn't sell my 60 for any price considering what I would have to pay to replace it. But I still believe this car with all the toys could easily bring $55-60k. A 70D like this would be over $90k. BTW, I firmly believe they had to increase the size of the battery to make up for the added loss of energy to the weight and 2 motors. I would never believe that car could get 240 miles of range. I think it was a bad move to make the base model now even MORE expensive. THat again will make the used 60s and 85s much more valueable

Yeah, I could agree with you on that.
I did the same thing, and yeah, because of the little things that mine has, like interior lighting, etc, it's still a pretty penny.

Here's what I think I'm gonna do.
Start the bidding at close to what it stalled at, $50000. And no reserve. Then I know that there is a market to sell it at that price exactly, and anything extra is just surplus.

I wouldn't mind getting a 70D now that it came out.

Can't help but feel a little bummed out when I saw what it was, and how it differs.
Especially since now it's a difference of $5000 between the "Base model" and the 82kWh.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually bid on your car at $49k. Was thinking it'd be a great fit for my wife. A second Tesla in the garage? Yes, please.

PM me. Maybe we can work something out. I'm installing the Dual Charger, btw.

I priced up a 70D like my base model 60 and my 60 has all the original extra items that they charge for now. It came to over $82K and I have owned my MS 60 for almost 2 year and have 43k miles on it. Still holds about 98% of its original charge, get 178 at 90%. I would think there are many people who would pay $55k for a car like this considering. I wouldn't sell my 60 for any price considering what I would have to pay to replace it. But I still believe this car with all the toys could easily bring $55-60k. A 70D like this would be over $90k. BTW, I firmly believe they had to increase the size of the battery to make up for the added loss of energy to the weight and 2 motors. I would never believe that car could get 240 miles of range. I think it was a bad move to make the base model now even MORE expensive. THat again will make the used 60s and 85s much more valueable

70D is actually cheaper since it comes with supercharging enable. For example, to configure an original 60 with super charging enabled, pano roof and auto pilot, it would cost you $78750 plus destination. The new 70D one is exactly $79000 plus destination.
For an extra $250, I get AWD, quicker acceleration, higher top speed and a few miles of extra range. I lose power liftgate and fog lights, which is not a big deal.

The seller will definitely struggle to get $50k now, since the CPO launch. Should've sold when he could!

i would concur. I bought the CPO in my sig for $57 with a fresh 4 year/50k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty from Tesla. Given the larger battery and features, if he can get anywhere close to where he was offered before (and is serious about selling), he should take it. The car is continuing to drop in value compared to other used vehicles available now.

70D is actually cheaper since it comes with supercharging enable. For example, to configure an original 60 with super charging enabled, pano roof and auto pilot, it would cost you $78750 plus destination. The new 70D one is exactly $79000 plus destination.
For an extra $250, I get AWD, quicker acceleration, higher top speed and a few miles of extra range. I lose power liftgate and fog lights, which is not a big deal.

Silly question but is there a website that contains a spreadsheet or calculator function that allows you to build a MS with different options and build dates to determine what the original build price was for pre owned?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.