Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 60kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The options you have listed are quite attractive to me. Most people that already own a Model S will make the Tech package a must have but to others it may not be as important. Looks like you currently have it listed for $59k. But you also said you passed on a $62k offer. I would say that $62k is on the high side of what your car is worth.

I think you should take the offer asap. The vehicle is at best worth the quote from

I think you should take the offer asap. The vehicle is at best worth the quote from tesla.

The options you have listed are quite attractive to me. Most people that already own a Model S will make the Tech package a must have but to others it may not be as important. Looks like you currently have it listed for $59k. But you also said you passed on a $62k offer. I would say that $62k is on the high side of what your car is worth.

Yeah, it's currently listed at $59, which is the high ball I would negotiate at.

I didn't pass at $62. I had already made the deal, and he backed out at the last minute to pay an extra $25 to buy a new one. I'm still waiting to hear back from him because he said he wasn't too thrilled to spend that much on virtually the same car.

I don't really expect to get $62.
But PM me, and we'll talk, if you're interested. I'm very fair and flexible, and easy to work with.

-R.

So, I have gotten offers, as the car stands right now, for between $58 and $62.
I didn't want to let it go that "low" because I'm really attached to my car.
OF course I agree with you guys that low $50s even high $40s is a miraculous offer. But we can't just base our estimations on "how many miles" this car has, or "how old it is". Especially with electric cars.Take makethemsaywow s car that he just sold. It's a 2012!!! one year older than mine, for god's sake. And he sold it for $74000. Come on.
Give credit where credit is due. And give value where it is retained.

-R.
Look at what you wrote and think about it. First you say you have offers between $58-62k, and then you say "I agree with you guys that low $50s even high $40s is a miraculous offer." But even more astonishing is you are comparing your car with

"Take makethemsaywow s car that he just sold. It's a 2012!!! one year older than mine, for god's sake. And he sold it for $74000. Come on.
Give credit where credit is due"

That car is a P85 with all the extras and 1/3 the miles your car has. That car listed when new for probably $35-40k MORE than your car. How can you make any comparison in value? Even with the 2012 label, it is the same car that you could have purchased 6 months ago for $115k with way less miles than you have.

Another thing, when it comes to Teslas it is all about the battery. If you want people to see you have a car that is still somewhat like new, then post a picture of the battery charged to 100% so they can see the capacity remaining and then some pics of the car itself to see the condition. IF anything will add value to your claims it would be that.

When I was looking for a used TESLA I would have been happy to take a S85 with no options but a Pano roof. A guy had one for sale but he was asking $70k for it. I offered $65k but he didn't budge. So I waited and ended up buying much more car than I really was looking for. A P85 with only 16k miles in perfect shape for $76k. Now look at the comparison. Purchase a low milage P or S 85 with Pano and toys for high 60s-mid 70s or a MS 60 with virtually nothing on it for what? I say the car is worth mid 40s tops. And you will be hard pressed to find buyers looking for that configuration.

Totally agreed with Mnlevin, the car is worth mid 40s tops. You can put it on Ebay, start the price at $45k with no reserve, see what the market demand is. There was a 2013 P85 sold for $60k with high miles on it, with a lot more options than yours. Now you see what you are compete with.

"Take makethemsaywow s car that he just sold. It's a 2012!!! one year older than mine, for god's sake. And he sold it for $74000. Come on. Give credit where credit is due"

BTW, maketthemsaywow did not say he sold it for $74, most likely less then that.

jeez, guy, do you have ANYTHING nice to say?
You're speaking like I just cursed your mother.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen ANY non-salvage Tesla for sale cheaper than $53k, and that was a 60 with about half as many miles. I would price it between $50-53. Hell, anything lower than that and I'd probably buy it.

Thank you. At least one reasonable person here.

Look guys, your opinions are greatly appreciated, but they're JUST that.
Are any of you car salesmen?
Do any of you come from the future, and can tell what cars will be worth in 10 years?
No, didn't so.

The problem is that most of your opinions are based on very simple concepts of mathematics and arithmetic placed on capital value, but no one here, as long as I've been on this board, has taken into account concepts of commerce, finance, and economy.
You think that each mile is worth a $1, and blah blah blah.....then by your logic, my car will be worth $150.00 in 5 years.
OR....By your logic, if I go out this weekend, and run up another 65000 miles, the car will be worth HALF of what you say it is worth now. So, half of 35, which puts my car, as it is, with 125000 mile at $15,000.
Are you serious?...

That is NOT how the market works. Not in Automotive Markets, or in Industrial Markets, or in Resource Markets.

The bottom line is, it doesn't really matter what anyone's opinion is, or how the numbers are crunched. In the end, all that matters is what I list as, and what the buyer thinks is worth, and how we meet in the middle.

This thread started off well - the OP seemed to recognise that people on this forum hold pretty strong opinions about the value of used Teslas, and actually invited honest opinions from the masses. But then, as soon as the opinion doesn't match the convictions he obviously already held, goes on the defensive and accuses everyone of not understanding basic financial concepts and not being "reasonable".

So, which is it, OP? Did you actually want an honest opinion or just came to have your unrealistic expectations confirmed, with a bit of free advertising on the side? As the poster above said, at the end of the day, your car is worth precisely what someone is willing to pay for it.

Ronnie, while I understand that you think we aren't being realistic about pricing, I also don't think you are. Here is a Tesla CPO with more options, more expensive paint, lower miles, and an 85 kWh battery that I considered getting last month. We are now a month later and your car isn't any newer now. Adjusting for the various options, I concur that Tesla was being very generous to you and you should take their offer.

image.jpg

Wow, that CPO car looks to be priced very well, and has a nice set of option.

Obviously the OP's car is worth significantly less than that CPO car, in my opinion.

Yeah. At the time, I decided against tan seats (prefer gray, but ok with black) and the black leather seat was $74k (also had paint armor, 21", and UHFS).
image.jpg

I decided to wait for an autopilot car and voila, an autopilot inventory car with tech, pano, and gray seats is now available for $83k! :)

Wow, that CPO car looks to be priced very well, and has a nice set of option.

Obviously the OP's car is worth significantly less than that CPO car, in my opinion.
Absolutely. That's an awesome price for that CPO.

I still wouldn't buy a CPO, but that's a good one.
Over here in Texas, there are about 3, at that same price, and new (non cpo). So, they're definitely out there.

I don't know. I can't really compare my vehicle to anyone else's, even with the "options". I know I got a super base, bare bones car, but to those who are not in the know, it's still a Tesla. So, again, what really matters is what a buyer thinks is worth.

This thread started off well - the OP seemed to recognise that people on this forum hold pretty strong opinions about the value of used Teslas, and actually invited honest opinions from the masses. But then, as soon as the opinion doesn't match the convictions he obviously already held, goes on the defensive and accuses everyone of not understanding basic financial concepts and not being "reasonable".

So, which is it, OP? Did you actually want an honest opinion or just came to have your unrealistic expectations confirmed, with a bit of free advertising on the side? As the poster above said, at the end of the day, your car is worth precisely what someone is willing to pay for it.

Well, actually, I was the one who said that at the end of the day, the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I DO want an honest opinion, but that's all I want. The problem I've seen with people here, A LOT, is that people pitch their opinions, but try to undermine the worth of the car as much as possible. Show me ONE ad here for a car that doesn't have at least ONE comment that turned into an argument. Someone saying "oh, your car isn't worth anything, blah blah."

There's a huge difference in "personal biased opinion" and "constructive criticism." And every time someone wants to sell their car, and see what their vehicle is worth, there's always someone with their elitist opinion, claiming THEY know best about what the car is worth, and belittling the opinion of everyone else. It's not helpful. How about instead, if we see a car that is worth a lot less than someone claims, we either DON'T post, or just say briefly that to YOU it's not worth that much.
There's no need for this "oh, you will never sell at this price" mumbo jumbo.

I KNOW, Believe, I KNOW my car is not Above $60. $50, if I get really lucky. And mid to high $40's is pushing it. I didn't come here, and opened this thread, saying "I want $65k for my car, what do you guys think."

The thing is I come from a financial background, and I've been very successful because of it. And the concepts a lot of you have about depreciation, especially of a specific market that is "up and coming", and only has 3 years or so, of history, are not based on much other than personal opinion and bias, and there isn't a single person on here that I would say is an authority is speaking about this specific market.

As much as I appreciate everyone's opinions here, as soon as it turns into an attitude-filled diatribe, that's when it's just annoying, unwelcome, and disrespectful.

It's as simple as:
"I THINK your car is worth this much because of
a.
b.
c."

Of my own experience, which is now about almost 3 years of Tesla research, Share holding, stock trading, and market research, I have pretty good idea of the worth of my car. And it's very close to what everyone is replied with. But then someone comes along saying that the car is worth only $30k because of miles and lack of options, ...that's just a roll of the eyes, right there.

Think of when the Ford Pintos came out. And whatever other car came out at the same time, that was much better than.
5 years later, you could take a Pinto with 100 miles on it, and the other car with 60,000 miles and the latter would be worth 400-400% more because the Pinto was a piece of crap, regardless of how "low mileage, high options" the Pinto may be, in comaprison to the other car.

The point is, a high value target is a high value target, and remains so, until something else overwhelms it. And that is not the case with Tesla Motors,at this moment.

Well, actually, I was the one who said that at the end of the day, the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I DO want an honest opinion, but that's all I want. The problem I've seen with people here, A LOT, is that people pitch their opinions, but try to undermine the worth of the car as much as possible. Show me ONE ad here for a car that doesn't have at least ONE comment that turned into an argument. Someone saying "oh, your car isn't worth anything, blah blah."

There's a huge difference in "personal biased opinion" and "constructive criticism." And every time someone wants to sell their car, and see what their vehicle is worth, there's always someone with their elitist opinion, claiming THEY know best about what the car is worth, and belittling the opinion of everyone else. It's not helpful. How about instead, if we see a car that is worth a lot less than someone claims, we either DON'T post, or just say briefly that to YOU it's not worth that much.
There's no need for this "oh, you will never sell at this price" mumbo jumbo.

I KNOW, Believe, I KNOW my car is not Above $60. $50, if I get really lucky. And mid to high $40's is pushing it. I didn't come here, and opened this thread, saying "I want $65k for my car, what do you guys think."

The thing is I come from a financial background, and I've been very successful because of it. And the concepts a lot of you have about depreciation, especially of a specific market that is "up and coming", and only has 3 years or so, of history, are not based on much other than personal opinion and bias, and there isn't a single person on here that I would say is an authority is speaking about this specific market.

As much as I appreciate everyone's opinions here, as soon as it turns into an attitude-filled diatribe, that's when it's just annoying, unwelcome, and disrespectful.

It's as simple as:
"I THINK your car is worth this much because of
a.
b.
c."

Of my own experience, which is now about almost 3 years of Tesla research, Share holding, stock trading, and market research, I have pretty good idea of the worth of my car. And it's very close to what everyone is replied with. But then someone comes along saying that the car is worth only $30k because of miles and lack of options, ...that's just a roll of the eyes, right there.

Think of when the Ford Pintos came out. And whatever other car came out at the same time, that was much better than.
5 years later, you could take a Pinto with 100 miles on it, and the other car with 60,000 miles and the latter would be worth 400-400% more because the Pinto was a piece of crap, regardless of how "low mileage, high options" the Pinto may be, in comaprison to the other car.

The point is, a high value target is a high value target, and remains so, until something else overwhelms it. And that is not the case with Tesla Motors,at this moment.
I get it, you are smart, you are in the know, you have all this valuable information and you know how to share it. Now go sell this car and be done with it. When you take a deal from someone, post the price and prove your points, or don't and I guess the rest of us were right!

I am new to the forums, so I apologize if this has been answered a million times, but where can I find the CPO listings?

The CPO program is rolling out slowly across the Tesla Stores/Galleries. Best bet it to call the nearest store (Nashville for you?) and ask them if they have implemented it, yet. Otherwise, they can still put you in touch with someone who can tell you about available loaner/demo cars (that still qualify for the $7500 rebate, btw) in your area.

The CPO program is rolling out slowly across the Tesla Stores/Galleries. Best bet it to call the nearest store (Nashville for you?) and ask them if they have implemented it, yet. Otherwise, they can still put you in touch with someone who can tell you about available loaner/demo cars (that still qualify for the $7500 rebate, btw) in your area.
Thanks! I just emailed every Tesla store within 10 hours from here.

I wanted to post an ad where someone wasn't getting attacked for their pricing since a comment was made that it never happens. In my opinion, when cars are priced well and info is well presented with quality pics I've seen the forums be very supportive. When they are crazy priced the forums become a lion's den and when they are a little out of reality the comments seem to be constructive. 2013 Tesla Model S85 - SOLD

Ronnie, while I understand that you think we aren't being realistic about pricing, I also don't think you are. Here is a Tesla CPO with more options, more expensive paint, lower miles, and an 85 kWh battery that I considered getting last month. We are now a month later and your car isn't any newer now. Adjusting for the various options, I concur that Tesla was being very generous to you and you should take their offer.

image.jpg

Very good price and bodes well for my possible timeframe for next year to pick up a 2013 or 2014.