Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 60w

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S 60w

2013 Model S 60w with 30k miles. Black with gray leather interior, technology package, navigation, panoramic roof, supercharging enabled.

$69,999.00 obo
KBB is $78,000.00

703-362-2336
[email protected]

List Date: 1/26/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Model S 60w
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $71,999.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

DNVsP5Z7Yp7V.jpg
b66PR0Pe1wdk.jpg
5jA6P04N5Bdp.jpg

Where do you come up with these numbers? Do you even look at other cars listed here or on other sites to see what a car like this would sell for? If you paid NEW for this car around $77k what would make you think someone is willing to buy your car with 30k miles on it for the same price they could get a brand new on with all the latest features and 0 miles and a full new warranty, oh and maybe even a tax credit?

I am seeing some very interesting asking prices that tend to make me think that prices are being set based on variables not related to actual market realities. My analogy, "I bought ten gallons of gas when it was $4.25/gallon. I'll sell it for $4.20, my loss you gain." This ignores the fact that gas is averaging $2.20 gallon nationwide. When I see a price so far away from reality that making a legitimate offer like "ok, I'll give you $1.85 per gallon for your old gas" is just a waste of time for everyone as such a huge % drop from the ask. The cars that are priced right seem to vanish quickly, the ones so mis priced that no one makes any bids seems to languish until I assume the seller gives up or wakes up to reality. Watch ebay for example. I haven't seen a single Model S sell on there for several weeks due to crazy Buy it Now prices and ridiculous minimum reserves.KBB means nothing unless they are the ones willing to buy cars at that $75k level, which they aren't. Based on what I have seen, this is a $50k car. Nice car but different warranty/range/performance than a 85, in a state with brutal weather, and high mileage for the breed. Just my thoughts as a person starting to shop. I'd enjoy hearing the OP's approach to establishing asking price.

I got it directly from Tesla. I was there in December and mention that a Used one would be more in my price range and then on Friday the Store Manager in Cincinnati email me to see if I was interested and sent me a quote for some specks that I wanted. If you are interested let me know and I can forward you the email as I am not interested in that one.
Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 9.10.19 AM.png

I got it directly from Tesla. I was there in December and mention that a Used one would be more in my price range and then on Friday the Store Manager in Cincinnati email me to see if I was interested and sent me a quote for some specks that I wanted. If you are interested let me know and I can forward you the email as I am not interested in that one.View attachment 70315

At the risk of furthering the thread-jack, I don't think Tesla has started the CPO program yet. This quote looks like a factory owned (never sold) inventory car. That config (as close as you can currently get with the new packaging) is $92,570, not far from the $88,520 number they gave you.

$88,520 - 7% (7 months in inventory) - $9216 ($1/mile) = $73107.

By most definitions, "Certified pre-owned" means a car that was sold to a customer and titled, and is no longer eligible for the Federal tax credit. "Inventory cars" are mostly (always?) cars that were never sold and titled. They come with an MSO and are eligible for the $7500 tax credit.

As you can see he made mention that he might be able to find an inventory car with a big discount. He also started the email with me as I made mention in December about a used Tesla. He also said that this one does not qualify for a $7500 tax credit. If it was inventory it would have the tax credit. If it did have the tax credit I think I would buy it as it would be well under $70000 for and 85.

KBB has it priced at $76,000.

View attachment 70567

I tried KBB as well. The problem is that you can only define Model S or Model S Performance, but nothing about battery size. I'm inclined to think that the KBB quote refers to the 85kw version and has forgotten that there is a 60kw option. (If I'm wrong, I suggest OP offers KBB to buy his/her car.)

I tried KBB as well. The problem is that you can only define Model S or Model S Performance, but nothing about battery size. I'm inclined to think that the KBB quote refers to the 85kw version and has forgotten that there is a 60kw option.

this. I'd take a good 20-25k off the KBB estimate because their estimate is based off the 85kW cars and you are selling a 60.

Why? When a 60->85 upgrade is only a $10K option new?

Initial price difference doesn't matter. The value is just not there. (60s should really be price a lot lower to begin with).

First, the demands not really there for them.

Lower range.

Horrible warranty (vs unlimited drive train and battery warrant on the 85s)

Obviously lacks the latest hardware , autopilot, sensors, etc.

Batteries degrade faster (less batteries = more cycles = faster degregation)

And it's slower....

There's probably more i'm forgetting.

But the point is while it may have been initially a 10k difference they are worth a lot less since the 85s have so much more to offer and the 85s will hold their value much longer.

Initial price difference doesn't matter. The value is just not there. (60s should really be price a lot lower to begin with).

Batteries degrade faster (less batteries = more cycles = faster degregation)

And it's slower....

There's probably more i'm forgetting.

I agree with the premise this car is wildly overpriced. BUT.......

You really are not an authority on some of your statements. I own BOTH a MS60 (bought new) and a P85 bought used a few months ago. The 60 battery has almost 2 years and 50k miles on it, and has not degraded more than 1%. Still getting 178 at 90% originally 180-182. It is more efficient than the P85 on Wh/mile. 297 vs 350. as far as speed goes, unless you floor it, you will never know the difference and have had it up to 105 mph for a few seconds and it has been a GREAT car, wouldn't sell it for what it is worth. And yes it is probably worth only about $55k. or less

I tried KBB as well. The problem is that you can only define Model S or Model S Performance, but nothing about battery size. I'm inclined to think that the KBB quote refers to the 85kw version and has forgotten that there is a 60kw option. (If I'm wrong, I suggest OP offers KBB to buy his/her car.)

They must have fixed it. But the funny thing is, I priced out both battery configs (with all else being equal) and the price didn't change.

Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 11.04.01 AM.png

I agree with the premise this car is wildly overpriced. BUT.......

You really are not an authority on some of your statements. I own BOTH a MS60 (bought new) and a P85 bought used a few months ago. The 60 battery has almost 2 years and 50k miles on it, and has not degraded more than 1%. Still getting 178 at 90% originally 180-182. It is more efficient than the P85 on Wh/mile. 297 vs 350. as far as speed goes, unless you floor it, you will never know the difference and have had it up to 105 mph for a few seconds and it has been a GREAT car, wouldn't sell it for what it is worth. And yes it is probably worth only about $55k. or less

Big +1.