Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 85 Battery 🔋 Range and Charging Max

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got refurbished pack last year. SC "we don't make 85watt batteries anymore, u get repaired pack". I have email.
Also there was NO warranty, period. If we pay 22k? It will be for a refurbished pack. They will keep old pack, repair it and sell for 22k again. This totally a rip off. Gruber is the only solution.
That may have been how that was handled quite a while ago and early on when you dealt with it, but it is different now, and this has been covered in some other threads more recently. $22K is for NEW packs. Refurbished packs are being done for about $12K.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Replacing a malfunctioning pack with a remanufactured pack while it is under warranty is totally normal. That's what most people receive. Only in special circumstances is a remanufactured pack not used. Once you are out of warranty, you have the choice to purchase a reman or brand new pack for your car. If you purchase a new pack Tesla will give you a 90 kWh battery.
do they even make 75 batteries if my 75d battery craps out down the road? Or will a larger one work in it?

• Love
do they even make 75 batteries if my 75d battery craps out down the road? Or will a larger one work in it?
You're right that they don't make an exactly 75 battery that is identical to that, but they have been doing replacements with a newer type that is close to that, but I think is a little bigger, like about 85-90, and they just limit it a little bit to give it a similar capacity to the older 75's.

• Informative
I have a 2013 Model S 85. I used to be able to charge at 275 max and now I am lucky 🍀 if I get 200 max. My range doesn’t last either. If my trip is 40 miles and my current charge is 150, I barely make it home 🏡 with 50 miles left. My battery 🔋 is no longer under warranty and it has been tested at dealership to ensure it is not damaged. The results comeback as battery 🔋 is in good condition. The Tesla technician described the issue of that of a cell phone 📲. With time it will lose its charge. I still don’t know how much it cost to replace the battery 🔋 when the time comes. I have heard $14,000-$20,000. Does anyone know?
22K for mine

I think the only solution for us is Gruber in Phoenix, Electrified Garage in Florida. I called Gruber, they said the price will depend on how many modules they have to replace she said they take care of transportation to and from there. Rough estimate, about $5k. Hopefully more shops will pop up as our antique cars need battery and other repairs. If done most of the mechanical stuff. It's easy.