Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 model s 85 battery failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TEUNTSLA,

So glad to hear everything went well. We will be running through the Hope and Coquihalla route Sunday Morning and hoping to be back home Sunday night. We've been looking at the pictures of snow one the roads, I'm looking forward to seeing how the all wheel drive handles out there. We have winter tires on too so it should be the nicest drive that I've ever done through the mountains in winter as I've only ever used all seasons up until this car.

Hey M1ker, if its anything like our drive the rogers pass was a mess, semi's flipped in the ditch and what not. i was still getting used to the weight and handling of the car so i white knuckled a bit with the thought of putting her in the ditch.
take it easy as the ice packs on thick up there. when you dont expect it. the tracktion control so far has been great however.

Hey M1ker, if its anything like our drive the rogers pass was a mess, semi's flipped in the ditch and what not. i was still getting used to the weight and handling of the car so i white knuckled a bit with the thought of putting her in the ditch.
take it easy as the ice packs on thick up there. when you dont expect it. the tracktion control so far has been great however.
Yes, it was rough on the Coguihalla, and I rolled into Kamloops with about 8KM's left. But we made it. I'm going to post this return trip video soon as well. Lot's of great shots of what the Tesla drove through!

Yes, it was rough on the Coguihalla, and I rolled into Kamloops with about 8KM's left. But we made it. I'm going to post this return trip video soon as well. Lot's of great shots of what the Tesla drove through!

In my opinion, VSA Highway Maintenance has gone from negligence to criminal in their maintenance, or lack thereof, of the Coq. This downfall, rain, snow and freezing temperatures was forecasted. There's no excuse for not properly salting and sanding. People dong 40km/hr couldn't keep control. If that's the case, and you can't salt/sand (who knows why?) then you must close it or risk having people die. I've seen the Coq maintenance get progressively worse year after year but there's no excuse for this:

White-knuckle driving on the Coquihalla and Okanagan Connector highways | Globalnews.ca

ICBC sued them for not repairing potholes on the Coq:

ICBC taking VSA Highway Maintenance to court over potholes - NEWS 1130

I hope they get sued for the accidents they could prevent with proper maintenance.