Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 85 Signature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the original owner is the only one who can purchase a warranty on it, and only within a certain period. The residual value of the non-ap cars are pretty *sugar*, so its not out of the realm of possibilities... i see your in texas, obviously look for recent flood damage that may have gone unreported. You can try to get information from the service center about the car, ask the owner to go with you and get the service records etc

No, the original owner is the only one who can purchase a warranty on it, and only within a certain period. The residual value of the non-ap cars are pretty *sugar*, so its not out of the realm of possibilities... i see your in texas, obviously look for recent flood damage that may have gone unreported. You can try to get information from the service center about the car, ask the owner to go with you and get the service records etc
Thank you!

Doing some research on the seller... JC Auto Center - I can't find any reviews, a BBB rating or anything. Recently, they requested a wire transfer for the sale of the car. My thought at this point is this is a scam. #toogoodtobetrue

I don't think that's true if you buy CPO at least. I remember the OA telling me I could purchase the extended warranty anytime before the CPO warranty expires.

I don't think that's true if you buy CPO at least. I remember the OA telling me I could purchase the extended warranty anytime before the CPO warranty expires.
Right, because that makes you the "original owner" of the CPO warranty. AFAIK (year old info) the purchaser of record has to extend the warranty... be it before PP sale or expiry of any previous warranty etc.