Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 model s 85 wont start due to water in battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
car wont start since it rained hard and the service center says the cells of the battery got wet. Now car wont start and I'm being reccommended a new battery. WHile my car was in warranty last year it was getting serviced for another issue. Will i be able to use my warranty or what have you done in this situation. are there any others issues besides the battery to check for to see if it can start?

And it seems unlikely rain caused the water damage, unless your car was flooded somehow. More likely issue in this thread:

Reactions: ElectricIAC
WHile my car was in warranty last year it was getting serviced for another issue. Will i be able to use my warranty or what have you done in this situation.
Yeah, that’s not how warranties work.

You’ll need to provide much more information if you want any reasonable advice regarding options and diagnosis. Like, what year/model/trim car you have for starters, and what you mean by “won’t start”. You know, the specific error messages and codes and stuff.