Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S died - options for sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked my 2013 MS in a garage for 2 days - it was at 80 miles when I parked it but wouldn’t turn on at all when I returned to it after two days. Got it towed to a Tesla service center and they say it is the HV battery. I don’t want to spend $20k to replace it at this point and would rather sell the car as is - is that possible/how?

Brand new here, but I see in other threads that everyone suggests tagging @wk057 for this type of question. :) thanks!!

Parked my 2013 MS in a garage for 2 days - it was at 80 miles when I parked it but wouldn’t turn on at all when I returned to it after two days. Got it towed to a Tesla service center and they say it is the HV battery. I don’t want to spend $20k to replace it at this point and would rather sell the car as is - is that possible/how?

Brand new here, but I see in other threads that everyone suggests tagging @wk057 for this type of question. :) thanks!!
Similar situation with me except my MS 85 is still working but only charging up to 85 miles (thankfully). You can definitely sell it but you'll prob get low to mid twenties for it.

Some questions: Is yours an 85? How many miles? Did you do an OTA update recently? Did the SC share with you the error messages / codes?

$20k is the standard quote for a new 90 KWH pack. Tesla also offers a refurb pack for ~$15.5k .. same 4 yr / 50k warranty.

I have an appt scheduled in Nov, but I'm still researching other options since mine is still running.

Upvote 0
Too late now, but a page out of owners manual

Attachments

• IMG_20221119_084545.jpg
    IMG_20221119_084545.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0