Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S - downhill speed bumps cause creaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have a creaking from the front suspension when going downhill and over a speed bump?

I just had all the control arms changed on the front suspension to eliminate some noises.... but going downhill and over a speed bump still has a loud creak from the driver side front. Sounds like those playground spring toys we used to ride.

Hemelrijken10a.jpg

Reactions: vescrig
Anyone else have a creaking from the front suspension when going downhill and over a speed bump?

I just had all the control arms changed on the front suspension to eliminate some noises.... but going downhill and over a speed bump still has a loud creak from the driver side front. Sounds like those playground spring toys we used to ride.

View attachment 896748
If the bolts that hold the rack are not tight then this creates the annoying noise, you need to remove the frunk to get at the bolts, had exactly the same issue after replacement of both lower control arms (by Tesla) the Tech who followed up after I complained about the issue went straight to it....said it is a common issue.