Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85+ 1+ year CPO remain, loaded, considering selling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Target

Supporting Member
Apr 9, 2018
Chicago Land
Deposit accepted, consider it sold unless I update it again.

Summary:
Located in Chicago land, but underside doesn't look like it.
2013 P85+ loaded minus third seat and red calipers.
Just under 58K miles as I post this
more than a year left on CPO warranty
Free Super Charging!
Parking sensors
NO Folding mirrors
NO Heated steering wheel
Heated windshield and rear seats
UHFS Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Twin chargers (they work great!)
Performance Plus package, stiffer suspension, like the M series BMW instead of normal BMW
21 inch turbines with good Pilot Super Sport tires. They aren't new, but in good condition
Wheels have a few small scratches, will post pictures later.
Pearl white
Tan interior Performance interior with silver piping, classic Tesla style seats
Smart Air suspension SAS
Pana roof, with a fresh seal as the original one was munched
NEW GEN TPMS, so it does display pressures on the dash.
Two GEN 2 KEYS. I paid to upgrade to the high security keys. The fobs have the latest software on them.

I have a 2013 P85+ pearl white and I am considering selling it. Not set on it, but I don't need it right now and wouldn't mind being car payment free for most of 2020.

It is CPO as I bought it from Tesla in May of 2019 and it has until May 2021 and up to 100k miles of warranty with only 58K on the odometer you would be hard pressed to run the miles out on the warranty in a year or so.

VIN is P203XX so it is an earlier model, however I can't complain as everything works well.

Battery is believed to be original but it still charges to 242 ( calculated, I haven't charged it that high)
Super charging seems to max at about 110 KW. Last time super charging was first of February.

Free Super Charging! I got it just before they started removing free supercharging from their used cars.
Software is up to date
Fresh 12 V battery just replaced under Tesla Warranty

The only "bad thing" was I did bump the nose into a minivan, however it was fixed by the Tesla shop in Chicago-Land and looks as good as new. The Magnesium frame and headlights and fenders didn't get replaced, but it got a hood, front fascia parts. I can dig up pictures and documents for those who are interested in those details. I found some errors in their work and they addressed them to make it look back to spec and I was happy with the repair. Body shops always have a hard time making me happy, but they got it right on the second pass. This repair was done in August 2019.

It comes with OEM floor mats that have never been used as I keep the all weather type in the car year around. It doesn't come with winter tires. We could discuss that but the winter tires and the floor mats aren't part of the deal. I do expect to buy another S some day, maybe in early 2021.

This is a 2013, no AP of any kind.

NADAGuides calls clean trade in at $37,900.

No brands on the title, no salvage or rebuilt, however it does have a lienholder who has their office in Peoria Illinois. For an immediate cash for keys / title we would need to do the deal there.

Condition is quite good, but I need to clean it up really well and go over it for damage.

Last edited:
Update on exterior condition:
There is one small door ding on the rear driver quarter panel.
There are a few very small rock chips on the hood.
20200323_173952.jpg
20200323_174431.jpg

I first upgraded my home service to 400A. That is implemented as two 200A panels connected to the larger meter panel. I paid about $4k for the service upgrade including hiring a team of three electricians to take care of that in a single day. The rest of this I did on my own.

From each of the 200A main panels I ran a 150A breaker and 0 wire out to the garage. So I have 2 x 150A in the garage, which gives me 120A continuous to distribute per panel. This wasn't terribly expensive but I did put quite a bit of effort in to get the conduit run and wire pulled in. It was educational and the second run went MUCH faster than the first.

From there I put in four custom OpenEVSE charging stations in the garage each on 100 A disconnects and capable of delivering 80A continuous to the cars. Two of them are derated to 40A to keep under the 120A continuous rating. On top of that I have two NEMA14-50 outlets to handle any additional guests. I have actually had six cars charging at the same time here.

The design was for two high powered Tesla's 72 to 80 A, and two "Low" powered Tesla's at 40 to 48 A at max rate overnight to minimize charging time. I utilize a Real Time Pricing plan from my utility company and it is really cheap between 2 and 5 AM, so fast is good.

All charging stations are J1772, because as much as I like Tesla, I don't like Vendor lockin.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: alloverx and Sig72
As I mention above, there is a lien on this car. I contacted the bank the other day and they can send the title to one of their branches, and the deal could be closed there, and a lien free title would be provided on the spot. This would be contingent on funds being verified on the spot, of course. They need 48 hours notice to locate the title and get it to the branch.

Hi OP, very nice car! One question... How can the car have the + Package with the + Suspension (coil overs, right?) and a Smart Air Suspension? Those are adjustable in height via the car menu, no?

Not being facetious, genuinely asking...
+ models were sold both ways. From what I understand more + units were sold with the air springs than with coils. This was a point of contention for many buyers at the time because for a while Tesla even stopped offering coils on the + cars. If you search the forums from a couple of years ago you will find discussions around the correct part numbers for the struts. You will find that detailed information around the P85D+ crowd because, unlike my car, there isn't a + on the trunk of the P85D with the performance plus suspension to easily determine if it has it or not. Hence they dive into the correct part number for the air struts and all the details.

I will leave the vehicle dynamics discussion of air spring vs coil springs to others. This car definitely rides different than a normal 85, it is noticeably firmer. I will say that air springs, while different, are still springs, and they bring the advantage of being at the same height, and as such valving location on the damper, even if the weight is different.

Last edited:
+ models were sold both ways. From what I understand more + units were sold with the air springs than with coils. This was a point of contention for many buyers at the time because for a while Tesla even stopped offering coils on the + cars. If you search the forums from a couple of years ago you will find discussions around the correct part numbers for the struts. You will find that detailed information around the P85D+ crowd because, unlike my car, there isn't a + on the trunk of the P85D with the performance plus suspension to easily determine if it has it or not. Hence they dive into the correct part number for the air struts and all the details.

I will leave the vehicle dynamics discussion of air spring vs coil springs to others. This car definitely rides different than a normal 85, it is noticeably firmer. I will say that air springs, while different, are still springs, and they bring the advantage of being at the same height, and as such valving location on the damper, even if the weight is different.

Thanks Target, for the education. Does the + Suspension allow any controls via the screen for any adjustments, or it's all physical?

Thank you again, beautiful car!