Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85 $40k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why no one is picking it up. Mileage? Tesla is going to try and resell this for well above $50k. It makes me wonder what the resale value of these MS's is really going to be.

I think people are avoiding the earlier model S' due to a lot of issues they had. Poor(er) fit and finish issues, some huge oversights that lead to corrosion of the body, center touchscreen issues, etc... I think a lot of people are just nervous about buying a car from the 2012 and 2013 era because of that.

Tesla can sell them for more, because they're selling to people that are new to Tesla entirely. Those of us on these forums, however, know both the good and the bad about Tesla.

^ Just my two cents.

I think people are avoiding the earlier model S' due to a lot of issues they had. Poor(er) fit and finish issues, some huge oversights that lead to corrosion of the body, center touchscreen issues, etc... I think a lot of people are just nervous about buying a car from the 2012 and 2013 era because of that.

Tesla can sell them for more, because they're selling to people that are new to Tesla entirely. Those of us on these forums, however, know both the good and the bad about Tesla.

^ Just my two cents.
alas. well heres hoping the car from dec 2013 I'm buying is OK

^ Just my two cents.

What body corrosion are you referring too? The front carrier mounting locations?

Are you buying from Tesla as a CPO? If so, you'll be getting a warranty. Whereas, this car would only have the battery/drivetrain warranty and anything else would be out of pocket repair expense. People will pay more for piece of mind.
True that. I've been all over the map trying to figure out if I should have paid more for AWD and Autopilot. Worried that lack of AP will hurt resale. We'll see!