Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 model S P85 7-seater, Boulder CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're selling our 2013 Tesla model S, P85, 7 seater.
We need to decide this morning whether to trade it in to a dealer versus sell privately, so time is of the essence.
(we are selling because we have a model 3, and we need a toad for our RV and are getting a 4xe delivered today)

details:
2013 Tesla model S P85 7seat version

Still under extended warranty (but not for much longer)... so buy the car, use it a bit, then get any issues fixed.
Blue (2013 version, which is dark blue)
P85 RWD
single owner
248 miles of range (originally 265) as of March 7, 2021 (the last time I charge to 100%)
98,009 miles
packages per original order agreement:
"
Model S Performance $94,900
Active Air Suspension Included
19" Wheels Included
Black Performance Interior Included
85 kWh Battery Included
Supercharging Included
Carbon Fiber Spoiler Included
Metallic - Blue $750
All Glass Panoramic Roof $1,500
Carbon Fiber Décor Included
Tech Package $3,750
Sound Studio Package $950
Rear Facing Seats $1,500
Parcel Shelf $250
Subtotal $103,600
Destination and regulatory documentation fee $1,170
Total $104,770
"
Also includes Tesla roofracks.
Currently has aftermarket wheels with Nokian winter tires on the car in good condition.
Original wheels with all seasons also can be included... but the all season tires are completely worn out.
Includes snow tire chains if you want them (car used to be in California).

Issues with the car:
See photos link above...
* rear has a dent, see photos, it is maybe an inch deep and a few inches wide.
* some scuffs/scratches near the passenger side wheels

Price: I need another hour to figure that out, perhaps $20,000 after considering the dent.

Anyway, please let me know in the next hour or so if you are interested (sorry for the rush).

It is actually the local Jeep dealer... there are very few cars that can be TOADs (vehicles that you tow behind an RV) and indeed the only electric one is the just released Jeep 4xe.

Looking at kbb, autotrader...
Similar listings are $27k-$35k at dealers and private party for listing price.
KBB says trade in $21k for good condition.
I'm not sure how much the dent in the back will lower it.
CO is one of the states where you save in taxes by trading in.

It is actually the local Jeep dealer... there are very few cars that can be TOADs (vehicles that you tow behind an RV) and indeed the only electric one is the just released Jeep 4xe.

Looking at kbb, autotrader...
Similar listings are $27k-$35k at dealers and private party for listing price.
KBB says trade in $21k for good condition.
I'm not sure how much the dent in the back will lower it.
CO is one of the states where you save in taxes by trading in.
I think even 27k is a little high....you wont get a buyer for 35k...ive been looking for one of my friends for weeks...so I kinda know the used market pretty well. Let us know how it goes.

I think even 27k is a little high....you wont get a buyer for 35k...ive been looking for one of my friends for weeks...so I kinda know the used market pretty well. Let us know how it goes.

Agreed, those are the asking prices, so I'm guessing the typical sale price for private party (with no dents) is probably $25k.
Carvana offered $19k (sale, not trade in)... and I'm guessing that is what I'll be offered as a trade in (which would also save about $1500 in tax for us on the new vehicle)