Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85 for sale, 5,500 miles, MI, $98,500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is SOLD.

Unfortunately I am looking to part with my red P85. The car is in absolute mint condition. Paint has been corrected and XPEL Ultimate was installed (full hood, front bumper, front quarter-panels, rear bumper, side mirrors). I am currently located outside Detroit. The car was a featured vehicle in the 2013 Concours d'Elegance at St. Johns (http://www.concoursusa.org/). I have memorabilia and a storyboard that can be made available.

Here are the details:
2013 Model S P85 - Car #7,691
Purchased July 5th, 5,600 current miles
Multi-Coat Red
Black Int. with Carbon Fiber accents
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
21" Silver Wheels
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Panoramic Roof
Active Air Suspension
Rear-Facing Jump Seats
XPEL Ultimate - full hood, front bumper, front quarter-panels, rear bumper, side mirrors

Original Price - $109,770
Current price as configured - $120,120
For Sale - $98,500

Buy it from me and get the $7,500 tax credit up front, the same discount Tesla offers on loaners plus some extra, save some on recent price increases to some packages, save sales tax (in a state w/o used car sales tax?), get one with XPEL and a spare set of wheels, and get it right now.

I will label the post as SOLD if the car is sold. Otherwise, assume it is still available.

Here's a post where I shared my story of being in the Concours:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16781-Michigan-Tesla-Owners/page12?p=397913#post397913

Here are some pictures:

Tesla4_zpsc83095d7.jpg

Tesla5_zpsf610ecfd.jpg

Tesla6_zps4837ac71.jpg

Tesla7_zps6e6572be.jpg

Tesla2_zps0e90a64e.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful car and I think pretty fairy priced as well. That being said, are you not the original owner or was it a service loaner? Late June-early July builds were in the 13000-14000 range sequence-wise from what I have seen so I am wondering why your VIN would be delivered then being so much earlier? In any case, considering the recent price increases (i think your car would sticker at about $120k or 113k with the fed tax credit now) and being a very desirable color and option combo I think it should sell easily. Why are you selling? I am curious and I would guess others might be as well. Also, you might want to add some interior shots so people can see all of the now extra cost options your car has.

Beautiful car and I think pretty fairy priced as well. That being said, are you not the original owner or was it a service loaner? Late June-early July builds were in the 13000-14000 range sequence-wise from what I have seen so I am wondering why your VIN would be delivered then being so much earlier? In any case, considering the recent price increases (i think your car would sticker at about $120k or 113k with the fed tax credit now) and being a very desirable color and option combo I think it should sell easily. Why are you selling? I am curious and I would guess others might be as well. Also, you might want to add some interior shots so people can see all of the now extra cost options your car has.

Thanks for the questions. It was a service loaner, so I am the 'original' owner. It had about 2,800 miles when I bought it. I think it was a late May build.

Selling due to some work issues.

Thanks for the help on the current cost. Frankly, when I went on the Tesla site yesterday, I was thoroughly confused with the new options/pricing. I guess it makes it better in some ways by splitting up the options, but the best I could tell was the prices have definitely gone up over the last 3 months or so. I wasn't sure how to configure it to get an apples-to-apples comparison.

Good suggestion on the interior shots. I'll add some tomorrow. I really liked the color combo because it fits with it being a performance/sport version.

We've had a blast with it, and are sad to sell. My young boys love the rear facing seats. My wife loves to drive it, too.

Thanks for the questions. It was a service loaner, so I am the 'original' owner. It had about 2,800 miles when I bought it. I think it was a late May build.

Selling due to some work issues.

Thanks for the help on the current cost. Frankly, when I went on the Tesla site yesterday, I was thoroughly confused with the new options/pricing. I guess it makes it better in some ways by splitting up the options, but the best I could tell was the prices have definitely gone up over the last 3 months or so. I wasn't sure how to configure it to get an apples-to-apples comparison.

Good suggestion on the interior shots. I'll add some tomorrow. I really liked the color combo because it fits with it being a performance/sport version.

We've had a blast with it, and are sad to sell. My young boys love the rear facing seats. My wife loves to drive it, too.

Sorry to hear about the work issues. I really think this is quite a good price even for a loaner and I can't imagine it will be for sale for long. Not sure if you have the twin chargers, which are not really necessary for many people, but other than that I can't see where you did not have every available option when your car was made. Obviously the p85+ is now available and there are a few new features you can get (parking sensors seem to be the other biggie, but in your part of the country the sub zero package could also be a popular seller). Still I see this as a close to 15k discount given the new price increases and considering many of your standard features are now extra cost options. To get the carbon fiber dash, alcantara seat trim, alcantara headliner and carbon fiber spoiler would now be almost $5000 since they do not come standard or as no cost options on the P85. That being said the base price of a P85 did drop some too.