TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2013 Model S P85 kWh - SOLD

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by bigez1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bigez1

bigez1 Member

#1 bigez1, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Beside my new grey P85, I recently acquired a 2013 Black P85 kWh Model S I am willing to sell. It is in outstanding condition, no accidents or damage.

Model S Performance 85 kWh Battery
    Black Solid Paint
    Body Color Roof
    21" Grey Wheels
    Black Performance Interior
    Carbon Fiber Décor
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    Supercharger Enabled
    Smart Suspension
    Yacht Floor

If purchased new, this car would cost slightly over 100K after the Federal tax credit (please verify independently). I am selling it for much, much less (low 80s OBO). PM me if interested and for pics. Any and all feedback appreciated.

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Wait a minute: how did you get firmware v5.0 on this car? Are you a firmware update beta tester for Tesla?!

69K seems to be a competitive price. Good luck!

3. bigez1

bigez1 Member

Thanks gg_got_a_tesla

2013-09-13 08.50.23.jpg 2013-09-13 08.50.09.jpg

4. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Good catch GG! I didn't notice that when I first read this.

5. texex91

texex91 Banned

That's a fair price--and congrats on the upgrade to P!! Did you get the +?

Either way awesome car.

6. tvuolo

tvuolo Member

Hey Bigez1,

How did you come about that price, if you don't mind me asking? There doesn't seem to be a Kelly Blue Book value for the Model S. I'm looking at a local one, 60kWh battery, 12K miles, for $77K at a dealer. That seems awfully high considering I won't get the Tax benefit.

Also, can any of you knowledgeable Model S owners tell me how I can tell what options are installed? I've only ever gone for the dealer test drive and I didn't get a lot of time to play with the controls & such. Is there an "About My Tesla" screen?

Thanks!

7. bigez1

bigez1 Member

@texex91 - Thanks.... I didn't get a + just the performance.

@tvuolo - What you will generally see are Model S owner and re-sellers attempting to make maximum profit, and I don't blame them at all. My situation is a little different. I'm accepting a small "mileage penalty" and on top of that, Tesla have given me 2 weeks to complete my purchase from them. And since I can't afford both, my logic is to get a deal for my car as soon as possible without taking a bath (which I am now certain will happen soon). Lastly, the best way to figure out options is to simply go to teslamotors.com and configure a car. The options and cost will be easy to ascertain. Hope this helps... Cheers.

8. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

There are a bunch of training and introductory videos on the Tesla site that walk you you all the facets of what the car can do, and how you can set it up for your personal preferences and the cars features.
    When I picked up my car, a Service advisor walked me through it, but the videos help for some of the finer points and to refresh my memory.

9. bigez1

bigez1 Member

Tuvuolo,

You will find that most re-sellers price their vehicles for maximum profit and I have absolutely no problem with that. However, my situation is a little different. First, I've accepted a small "mileage" penalty. Second, Tesla has given me 2 weeks to finalize my purchase from them. With that said, my logic is to get my car sold as fast as possible (at this point I have no doubt this will happen).

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Just an observation for those interested in such things...

He does have the chrome/metallic panels on the back end of the hatch. (It's visible in his pictures.)

These were discontinued IIRC.

11. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

tvuolo - The price is reflective of the options that the OP chose when configuring. No twin chargers, no sound studio, no pano rood, no tech, no leather, no parcel shelf, etc. It looks like a clean car and with the options that the OP selected I think it is a very fair price. If it had all of the options that I listed above it would be in the price range that you are more familiar with for a used S85.

12. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I think with the current availability of used Model S's (or lack thereof) combined with the several month wait time to buy a new one, the asking price is pretty reasonable. After federal tax credits, but before any state tax or credits, a new Model S in his configuration would be about $73,500 delivered. A new Model S would have a few small upgrades over this one, such as heated 12 way adjustable cloth seats, as opposed to the non heated 8 way seats this one likely has. While the age and mileage of this car would traditionally depreciate the car more than $4k, the relative scarcity of Model S's at anything below MSRP actually helps keep the value up on this car. In a year or two, I think a similar car would sell for $50-55k, but right now, it provides a $4000+ savings over a new car (even more if you are in a high sales tax state, or cannot make use of all $7500 of the credit) and immediate availability.

I will state, for the record, this is the exact build I hope to find gently used when my volt lease is up in September 2015, as I doubt Gen III will be available for me at that time.

13. bigez1

bigez1 Member

nrcooled +1
    Rifleman +1

I'm not attempting to make money on this deal and clearly I'm not. Financially it would be smarter to simply keep my car (which I absolutely love).... With that said, I've chosen to upgrade to a fully loaded P understanding the unavoidable "financial" hit . I simply don't want to take too much of a bath on this deal. BTW, although I believe my price fair, I am willing to negociate somewhat....

14. tvuolo

tvuolo Member

Oh I wasn't suggesting that you were trying to make money. I was just interested in how one comes up with the value with very few points of reference. :) I actually think yours is under-priced based on the few other used ones that I've seen. I would seriously consider yours if it had the panoramic roof. Especially at that price. I can't imagine that someone won't scoop it up quickly.

I keep going back & forth between buying a used Model S and a Roadster. Both are at the very top of my budget. I got excited a while back when the Roadster prices started falling down in the $60K range, but now they seem to be back up in the mid $70s. Perhaps I'll wait until the Model X comes out and see if a bunch of Roadsters end up in the CPO program. The wait is killing me, though!

15. bigez1

bigez1 Member

@tvuolo,

No, no, I didn't take it that way at all and my statement about making money was simply something I wanted to put out there if it wasn't already obvious. Your question was legitimate and I welcomed the dialog.

BTW, after 4 days for sale, I now have a very very good handle for used Model Ss. Lastly, I've received 2 acceptable bids and expect at least 2 more by tomorrow.

16. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I think your price is actually under market value.. are you receiving offers above your asking price?

17. bigez1

bigez1 Member

@gaswalla - BTW, I am my wife's Pani Walla, Chai Walla, etc... So far, the offers have actually been slightly below $69k. I have 2 acceptable offers but my instincts tell me I'll get at or slightly above. Either way, by tomorrow or NLT Wednesday, I'll pick one....

18. David_Cary

David_Cary Member

Funny about the price. I PMed bigez1 but now that I think about it $69 is too much. When the alternative is $73 after tax credit and you get heated 12 way seats and any little improvements that have been made since then, $69 is too much.

While I think $1 per mile is a crazy high depreciation, mileage still deserves something. While the market will bear what the market will bear, I'd want to be in the low 60s.

19. bigez1

bigez1 Member

@David_Cary

Thanks for your email and I just PMed you back.... I had multiple offers and my car sold easily at this price. Good luck finding one in the low 60's....

- - - Updated - - -

@David_Cary

Not that this makes any difference at this point, but my former Model S had the Smart Air Suspension ($2250) and Premium lighting ($1000) so today it would cost $76,820 after tax credit....

Cheers