Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85+, Pano Roof, Tech Package, 27k mi, Mint!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how in the world is the original warranty in effect when Tesla's warranty says it does NOT cover any rebuilt or salvage title vehicles?

EDIT to add: I'd warn any potential buyer to triple check this claim. Tesla does have a re-authorization program to allow the vehicle to use the superchargers as well as receive updates, but there is no such program that I am aware of that would re-instate the warranty. And even if some person on the other end of the phone at Tesla says it is re-instated, I'd be willing to bet down the road, when you take it in for warranty work, you will be told it isn't covered, based on the warranty contract.

So how in the world is the original warranty in effect when Tesla's warranty says it does NOT cover any rebuilt or salvage title vehicles?

EDIT to add: I'd warn any potential buyer to triple check this claim. Tesla does have a re-authorization program to allow the vehicle to use the superchargers as well as receive updates, but there is no such program that I am aware of that would re-instate the warranty. And even if some person on the other end of the phone at Tesla says it is re-instated, I'd be willing to bet down the road, when you take it in for warranty work, you will be told it isn't covered, based on the warranty contract.

Agree 100%. Also, anyone who describes a P85+ as " the ONLY performance based Model S ever built by Tesla" should be taken with a grain of salt.

Sold. These concerns were addressed privately with serious buyers. I can appreciate the concern but come on guys. I would not be knocking your cars if you were trying to sell them on here. Please have a little respect and restraint if you're not a serious buyer.

Last edited: