Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85 vehicle shut down while driving

Siphant

Jan 7, 2019
British Columbia
How is it limited if its rooted? Or did you just get snapshots of the screen after they keyed it in?

If it is rooted, how did the service center respond to knowing that detail? Just curious
I haven't got my car back yet. I only use root access for observation and diagnostics. I don't have the experience to change anything via root access.

With the motor replacement back in Aug 2020, Tesla was weird about the root access but just made sure I could turn off the startup scripts if firmware installation went wrong. Everything went smoothly of course for both motor and battery replacement so far.

Sep 27, 2017
Connecticut
How is it limited if its rooted? Or did you just get snapshots of the screen after they keyed it in?

If it is rooted, how did the service center respond to knowing that detail? Just curious
The root method involved on his car is undetectable by the SC and will persist indefinitely. Only if the owner told them its rooted would they know.

rns-e

May 5, 2013
Denmark
It would be interesting to know the difference between 1014116-00-A and 1014116-00-B. On the labels it's 85 kWh and 90 kWh, but what is the physical difference, if any?

I think it would be weird to use a revision number for adding 5 kWh extra capacity, the logical approach would be a different part number - or ?

Siphant

Jan 7, 2019
British Columbia
@Siphant, if your battery is now a software locked battery, it means your 100% is thus 91.6%, as you mentioned above.
So it means you can charge to almost 100% if you want, without risk of damaging it.
Soft capped 100% is 4.1V cell limit. I also noticed Supercharging will pull 28kW or so until 100%. The estimated time remaining is accurate now. It feels faster when acceleration, but it could be power limited by the cell voltage limit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-145355.png
    Screenshot_20210320-145355.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210319_165230.jpg
    20210319_165230.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 21

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC