Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85+ with 22K mileage for 35K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I got an offer from a a friend that is selling his Model S P85+. He said that the trade in value is 35K so he said that I can buy it for that price. So I was wondering if that is worth it? It seem like that mileage determined the price of the car so I can find a 2015 with higher miles for the same price. What would you do?

Tough question- if you value performance over range and tech- go for it. However, for $35k you could probably find a 2014 or newer S 85 with autopilot( yes higher miles, but likely still under 50k miles). I love autopilot and I love the performance models. I scored a higher mileage P85DL for $38k in May. It was a great deal that I could not pass up. Sitting at 86K miles right now and love the car.

Hi I got an offer from a a friend that is selling his Model S P85+. He said that the trade in value is 35K so he said that I can buy it for that price. So I was wondering if that is worth it? It seem like that mileage determined the price of the car so I can find a 2015 with higher miles for the same price. What would you do?
That's a great price in my opinion. The P85+ has all of the performance options available for that year. It's a bit of a unique car that came with upgraded suspension, beefier brakes, and staggered wheels. If you are looking for a more standard optioned car, then yes, you can find one cheaper.

The coveted + suspension handles amazing but it’s not for everyone. I suggest trying a non + first and compare driving experiences. If you value performance and ‘hug the road’ over bumpiness and road comfort...then + is worth every cent :)

Tough question- if you value performance over range and tech- go for it. However, for $35k you could probably find a 2014 or newer S 85 with autopilot( yes higher miles, but likely still under 50k miles). I love autopilot and I love the performance models. I scored a higher mileage P85DL for $38k in May. It was a great deal that I could not pass up. Sitting at 86K miles right now and love the car.
Omg I hate you! Just kidding. I tried to buy your P85D in may at the same time. You beat me by a few minutes. I ended up with a 2014 P85+ ($39k) no AP but who cares, giant frunk and I can drift if I turn off traction control. Love my classic unicorn P85+

• Love
Reactions: jrleyva23
Omg I hate you! Just kidding. I tried to buy your P85D in may at the same time. You beat me by a few minutes. I ended up with a 2014 P85+ ($39k) no AP but who cares, giant frunk and I can drift if I turn off traction control. Love my classic unicorn P85+
I bought mine in Orlando, I saw you are in California we’re you planning on coming to Fl to purchase it?

Don't forget to factor in the loss of the warranty when you buy from PP versus Tesla, plus the power train warranty will be gone in a year or so...

power train is 8 years after it was DELIVERED. Mine was delivered 11/2014. So I have until 11/2022. Definitely keep that in mind when buying. Battery degradation and noises from the motor will definitely be fixed by Tesla within the warranty period.

You're SOL about battery failure too, there 's a huge thread about Tesla downgrading 85kwh packs to ~59kwh usable so they won't have to support the warranty. I think Tesla only honors the battery warranty if it catastrophically fails now, anything short of total failure is "you're fine, just part of a test group with lowered stats thats all"

Reactions: jrleyva23 and AMPd
If it makes you feel any better, I had to replace the IC and a battery warmer. The IC was done by me for $250, but Tesla has to do the battery warmer at about $850. Still a great deal. 4C574A83-7979-4071-822E-A23B410C1FE5.jpeg4C574A83-7979-4071-822E-A23B410C1FE5.jpeg