Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 model S - preventive maintenance

amiral_sub

Sep 20, 2019
Bordeaux, France
Hi,
I own a 2013 model S. It works flawlessly (despite a few failures of course: ac compressor, drive unit, hv battery, charger). I was wondering what kind of preventive check can I do to avoid futrure problems. For example, is it true that the dcdc converter can die (in fact the fuses) because of corrosion? how to avoid that?
I already changed the emmc

rickyjb

Apr 30, 2017
united kingdom
i noticed you didn't mention any suspension troubles , id recommend getting that checked over. As for the dcdc converter located in the wheel arch behind the lining , might be worth giving a visual inspection.

here in the uk we have the MOT , this checks vehicle roadworthiness every 12 months. It usually flags up any potential issues. Do you have something similar in france ?

Bjørn Nyland has a new video looking at some common maintenance issues.

demundus

Jul 5, 2015
Oceanside, CA
i also saw that and laughed a bit out loud.

Flawlessly except like 4 major components of the car have all been replaced. how do i keep this from happening again? lol

yes the dcdc fuses can corrode. no im not sure why its a sealed unit but it is in the wheel well which obviously takes a hit from condesnation and other temp factors. suspension and linkages will be an issue later in life since the car is so heavy.

amiral_sub

Sep 20, 2019
Bordeaux, France
yes my car had some failures in the past, but all fixed, and some of them by gen2 devices. So I find it reliable now. I saw this video of Bjorn Nyland doing a preventive check, I was asking if we can check some things in preventive alone without going in a garage (it is never a pleasure to go in a garage)

Reactions: rickyjb and tmyl21

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC