Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S S85 White/Tan with Pano/Tech/Sound (lowered to $51k)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S S85 White/Tan with Pano/Tech/Sound (lowered to $51k)

Looking to swap out to AWD. Delivered August 2013, 34k miles (**mileage updated 3/2/2016). VIN: 5YJSA1CN5DFP16645

I'm the original owner, don't smoke. Got XPEL done (with 3M on the bumpers). Indoor garaged from day one.

White
Pano Roof
Tan Nappa Leather
Lacewood
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Standard Suspension
Supercharging

List Date: 4/4/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Model S S85 White/Tan with Pano/Tech/Sound (lowered to $51k)
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $51,000.00 (Local Pickup Only)

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

psxdtsxBFkAx.JPG
cgWpsDV2t40D.JPG
YX42JS5enVBr.JPG
BMSJPzByYm7z.JPG
4Dkay0EPbsmF.JPG
b0TgBmEdey73.JPG
XYwC4Eu3mqJX.JPG
vtsfHaxEyaVx.JPG
68uTXT0mdA36.JPG

i am looking to buy a tesla but with this new announcement, used 85s don't seem that interesting anymore to me.. =/

70d is 67.5k and has 240miles + dual motor.. 240m is not much far off from 265m.. basic 70d is better than previous packaged 85?

after 70d, this car might be in high 50? you might be better trading in to telsa?

Same here. Have been looking at the used S85 market for awhile.

Will sit on the sidelines a few more months to see how the used, CPO, inventory prices look.

Otherwise, might have to order a 70D with that new Ocean Blue color. Nice!

a 70D like this will cost you over $85k and I don't believe the range factor. I don't believe that car will significantly go farther than a 60. Why? More weight and an extra motor to spin. So all the reasons people stayed away from the 60 will be the same. They added the 10kw but it will not be more efficient. It will not be as good a value as a used 85. This car will probably sell for around $65k and it will be a STEAL. I would MUCH rather have this car for $65k than spend $85k for a 70D. And realistically nobody is going to be driving hands and eyes free for a long time. Lastly I had similar features like lane departure and too close radar on my Honda and turned them all off. Just drive the car and enjoy it. I would highly recommend to my friends to buy a use 85 over a 70D all day long. BTW, as you can see I own a P85 and MS 60 and love the cars, hopefully will be driving them for MANY MANY years ahead.

a 70D like this will cost you over $85k and I don't believe the range factor. I don't believe that car will significantly go farther than a 60. Why? More weight and an extra motor to spin. So all the reasons people stayed away from the 60 will be the same. They added the 10kw but it will not be more efficient. It will not be as good a value as a used 85. This car will probably sell for around $65k and it will be a STEAL. I would MUCH rather have this car for $65k than spend $85k for a 70D. And realistically nobody is going to be driving hands and eyes free for a long time. Lastly I had similar features like lane departure and too close radar on my Honda and turned them all off. Just drive the car and enjoy it. I would highly recommend to my friends to buy a use 85 over a 70D all day long. BTW, as you can see I own a P85 and MS 60 and love the cars, hopefully will be driving them for MANY MANY years ahead.

I've been following the market very closely the last few months and almost bought an inventory 85 last week...would have been very upset if I had done so a couple days before the 70 announcement, which changes things for people like me looking for the best overall value. While people naturally are listing for more, I think the price for a well-appointed 2013 85 with 20-30,000 miles is down around $60,000 now. Those priced in the $68--75,000 just aren't selling.

Don't let your bias cloud facts. The EPA test of the 70D netted a 244 mile range vs. the 60's 208 mile range. Tesla voluntarily lowered that claim to 240 miles. They are finally beginning to understand under-promising and over-delivering in the range department.

Tesla Launches Model S 70D

• Disagree
Reactions: McRat
I have no bias, I have EXPERIENCE with 2 TESLAS. Neither gets the miles quoted unless you are driving under 60 mph. The 60 can average somewhere between 295-310 Wh/mi on a trip, but the P85 cant really get below 330 Wh/mi. It is illogical to believe that a 70D with more weight and more electric use for 2 motors will be more efficient. The RR is figured at around 55 mph and that is pretty unrealistic for most of us.

I have no bias, I have EXPERIENCE with 2 TESLAS. Neither gets the miles quoted unless you are driving under 60 mph. The 60 can average somewhere between 295-310 Wh/mi on a trip, but the P85 cant really get below 330 Wh/mi. It is illogical to believe that a 70D with more weight and more electric use for 2 motors will be more efficient. The RR is figured at around 55 mph and that is pretty unrealistic for most of us.

This is very off topic and I apologize to the OP, but you are wrong. The range in the link I posted is from the EPA test. 244 Real world miles. The 70D will get 35 more miles than the 60kWh pack with regular driving. There have been weight savings/efficiency gains from the dual motors in the 70D.

• Disagree
Reactions: McRat
It is illogical to believe that a 70D with more weight and more electric use for 2 motors will be more efficient.

Why believe? To agree with you all I have to do is:
1. Trust you, because you own the car you talk about
2. Read what others on TMC are saying, who own (owned) both AWD and RWD, wh/mile, etc
IOW, REAL WORLD

Both the P85, to P85D, and S85 to 85D threads dispute the greater around town efficiency of AWD. Ford and Kia also submit EPA numbers, to support their sales. It didn't make them 100% correct. In this forum, I can't seem to find where Tesla 85D owners attest to the 8% greater efficiency, as represented by their 95MPGe vs. 88MPGe EPA City values (fueleconomy.gov). Sure, maybe highway range is better, but even that now seems it is being conflated with EPA test cycles.

Lastly, it isn't off-topic to talk about what makes these cars valuable. It is more the rule, than the exception around here. After last winter, I would never pay to loose 15kwh. No way.

I'm jumping in here. First post. Richmond, VA. Future Tesla owner. Thanks Michael5W for allowing the dialogue. I am exactly the buying group trying to figure out used 60 v 85, but $60k is probably my upper limit. I am concerned about range dipping below 200 miles as the battery ages, so won't even consider early 40kwh's. Even seeing some appealing used 60 ads online from places like IL, TX & FL make me wonder about getting them home. My sister (Boston) will sell her 2013 S85 when Model X arrives in December-ish. Spoke to DC dealership about CPO options. Waiting on email with details on sub-$70k inventory, but I don't expect to see 85's among them. For Michael5W's sake I hope you get your $70k target price. Your white P85 would be a good fit for me at about $10k less. Note: not bottom-feeding or negotiating... just dialoguing. I'm not in a rush. BTW, our business is commercial real estate and I'm adding a Blink charging station to the building I work out of (yes, self-serving). Making that investment makes me want to pull the trigger on a Tesla.

I'm jumping in here. First post. Richmond, VA. Future Tesla owner. Thanks Michael5W for allowing the dialogue. I am exactly the buying group trying to figure out used 60 v 85, but $60k is probably my upper limit. I am concerned about range dipping below 200 miles as the battery ages, so won't even consider early 40kwh's. Even seeing some appealing used 60 ads online from places like IL, TX & FL make me wonder about getting them home. My sister (Boston) will sell her 2013 S85 when Model X arrives in December-ish. Spoke to DC dealership about CPO options. Waiting on email with details on sub-$70k inventory, but I don't expect to see 85's among them. For Michael5W's sake I hope you get your $70k target price. Your white P85 would be a good fit for me at about $10k less. Note: not bottom-feeding or negotiating... just dialoguing. I'm not in a rush. BTW, our business is commercial real estate and I'm adding a Blink charging station to the building I work out of (yes, self-serving). Making that investment makes me want to pull the trigger on a Tesla.

Staying on topic I think this car is a value and all first generation Teslas are a value. With the warranty they have and quality of the build you have little to worry about. The main thing on the car is the Battery and in this case you have 6 more years unlimited miles. But if it is out of your price range, don't discount the 60. My wifes car has 45k miles. She now drive 90 miles round trip per day. When the car was new it charged 90% to 179-181, today the car charges to 177 every night. I think when the car has 90k miles at 4 years old, it will still charge to at least 165 and that is plenty for what she does. The real value today is a used MS.

I've been following the market very closely the last few months and almost bought an inventory 85 last week...would have been very upset if I had done so a couple days before the 70 announcement, which changes things for people like me looking for the best overall value. While people naturally are listing for more, I think the price for a well-appointed 2013 85 with 20-30,000 miles is down around $60,000 now. Those priced in the $68--75,000 just aren't selling.

I disagree. Our S85 sold for $68,800. 2013 Model S85 Grey/Tan/Lacewood with Pano Tech Sound Air 3rd Row Seats - Page 2