Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S warranty details?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am an unhappy Tesla owner, having encountered many of the problems I've read about here, including battery issues. I have also had unpleasant issues with Tesla service itself, and have had significant problems getting Tesla to honor its warranty.

Just to make sure I'm "doing it right", does anyone have access to the Tesla new vehicle warranty as of June 2013, which is when I got my car? Unlike every other car I've owned, there wasn't a printed warranty when the car was delivered, and I believe that their online warranty has changed significantly in the past six years. But I can't find the original anywhere.

Help would be great. Thanks!

The manufacturer's warranty, oddly enough. The reason is that Tesla sold me a four year extension of the original warranty. They tried to change it later to the extended warranty (i.e., the extended service agreement), but a court just ruled that they can't do that and I'm entitled to what they originally advertised ("just like your original warranty, but it starts when that warranty stops"). I'm having trouble finding out exactly what "just like your original warranty" actually means, though!

Thanks again for any help.

I know! I'm trying to figure out if, for example, squeaks are covered. I know that they were excluded in the ESA Tesla tried to push on me, and I know that they aren't covered in the *current* warranty, but my recollection is that they were covered in the warranty that was in place in 2013.

Thanks --

I know! I'm trying to figure out if, for example, squeaks are covered. I know that they were excluded in the ESA Tesla tried to push on me, and I know that they aren't covered in the *current* warranty, but my recollection is that they were covered in the warranty that was in place in 2013.

Thanks --
What/where queaks? What other issues are you having that they wont Cover

Mostly, they're trying not to cover upholstery. The inside of my car is simply falling apart.

But I expect that they'll pull this sort of stuff over and over, so I need to know what my actual rights are -- which means I need access to the original warranty.

I'm just trying to find out what *is* covered.
Well I've never heard of a car manufacturer covering upholstery unless of course if it is defective and not just typical use. As far as squeaks and rattles goes, well every car will develop these over the years. A little ingenuity and some foam tape/ padding/sound dampening material of choice will solve most.

I am an unhappy Tesla owner, having encountered many of the problems I've read about here, including battery issues. I have also had unpleasant issues with Tesla service itself, and have had significant problems getting Tesla to honor its warranty.

Just to make sure I'm "doing it right", does anyone have access to the Tesla new vehicle warranty as of June 2013, which is when I got my car? Unlike every other car I've owned, there wasn't a printed warranty when the car was delivered, and I believe that their online warranty has changed significantly in the past six years. But I can't find the original anywhere.

Help would be great. Thanks!

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/Model-S-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

The last section is your warranty. That's what I've been using.

On Edit: That's what I was given at the time of delivery. Also, note the date on the 2nd page:

"©2012-2014 TESLA MOTORS, INC. All rights reserved."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hpartsch