Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 MS 85 upgrade to MCU2 then HV battery problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear!
Well, I picked it up a couple hours ago and then it completely shut down again!! Here are the codes. Brand new battery!

Attachments

• 12B5A5B2-8ADE-4905-9D87-913EE38874A0.jpeg
    12B5A5B2-8ADE-4905-9D87-913EE38874A0.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 172
I don't think it's your battery. Looks to me it's your drive unit (DU).
**** ... another 10 grand. Hopefully not.

Which code would indicate the DU?

It looks like the BMS codes happened while it was serviced.

BMS_f033
The Battery Management System (BMS) will trigger this alert when it senses a loss of contactor power while the contactors are closed. The BMS assumes that it could be because the pyro fuse on the contactor power supply signal blew during a crash.

This may trigger while a vehicle is in Service and the contactor power supply loop has been pulled.

BMS_f062
The Battery Management System (BMS) has detected that there is a power supply issue with the contactor.

Reactions: Espi2451
**** ... another 10 grand. Hopefully not.

Which code would indicate the DU?

It looks like the BMS codes happened while it was serviced.

BMS_f033
The Battery Management System (BMS) will trigger this alert when it senses a loss of contactor power while the contactors are closed. The BMS assumes that it could be because the pyro fuse on the contactor power supply signal blew during a crash.

This may trigger while a vehicle is in Service and the contactor power supply loop has been pulled.

BMS_f062
The Battery Management System (BMS) has detected that there is a power supply issue with the contactor.
It happened while my wife was driving. Completely shut down. Hopefully it’s not the DU. I can’t afford another 8-10k. Luckily they gave me a loaner. The least they could do. Do you all think it was something different all along??