Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 MS p85 Body Control Unit Location/Replace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having issues with my physical trunk button working intermittently and my headlights randomly going out. Service says I need to replace the bcm in my 2013 ms but I’m having a hard time finding any details on where it’s located or how to replace it myself. Service Center wants about $1600 to do it. So far all I can find is that it is located behind the passenger footwell firewall but I can’t find any instructions on how to access it. Also if I am able to replace it myself, does anybody know if I will need to do any reprograming of the key fobs and/or do I need to have the most recent firmware staged for a redeploy once the new bcm has been installed. Thanks in advance for any help as I’m guessing I’m not the only one who may have to do this.

It's located in the passenger footwell under the carpet. I replaced mine and have had nothing but issues with Tesla trying to get the firmware updated on the new unit and my keys repaired.
14ACB594-E8EC-4C05-B6A4-D1C1AEAEA3AE_1_105_c.jpeg

Upvote 0