TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2013 P85+ For Sale>Only 1,941 Miles - Sold

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by bsbomber, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

#1 bsbomber, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    I have decided to list my P85+ for sale. I bought my first Model S (S85) on March 19th. I enjoyed it so much, that I got this bright idea to buy a Performance Plus to drive, and also rent out a little. After buying it on May 16th, I realized that I was not really looking forward to renting it at all. I paid cash for the car to get a commercial insurance policy (Over 6K per year-OUCH), so I have a clear title. I have not really advertised renting it much, as something inside me keeps holding me back..Go figure! I finally rented it out for one day (10-3-2013). After this nerve-racking day, (they did not damage it at all) I decided that I really did not have the stomach to rent it out. So, before I transfer the title into my personal name and drop the expensive commercial policy, I want to see if there is any one out there interested in it. Here are the details:

2013 Tesla Model S P85+ Vin# 10,0xx
    Purchased 5-16-2013 (14 miles)
    Rented One Day (10-3-2013)
    Current odometer 1,967 miles
    Grey exterior paint
    Black Nappa Leather/Alcantara with Red Piping
    Lacewood Décor accents
    21" Grey Performance Plus Wheels
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    Tech Package
    Sound Studio Package
    Rear Facing Seats
    Twin Chargers
    Carbon fiber spoiler
    Professional tint job all around and even on the pano
    Extensive clear coat (3M) professionally installed: all of front including nose, hood, door guards, door sills, A pillars, mirrors, rear end ect.
    Complete extra set of 19" factory wheels (rims, tires, sensors)
    Lloyds Luxury Mats

I am asking $106K. With the Tint , 3M Clear Coat and extra set of 19" Wheels, it would run over 132K new. If you PM me, or e-mail [email protected], I can call you to discuss or send pics. It does not have a scratch, is in pristine condition, and has been in my garage every night since new. Thanks, Jim See Pic Below (asking price without the extra set of 19" tires is 104K)

2. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

Heck of a discount for someone. You should post pics in the post here. Buyers should know they will be getting the old style (better is the consensus) rear facing seats, and the premium lighting package and alcantara headliners are standard on yours as well I bet. Sounds like it has close to if not every option available at the time.

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I am confused...if you like it so much, why are you selling it?

4. Rokku

Rokku Member

Looks like he's selling it because he already has a s85 and he bought this second one for commercial reasons that didn't pan out.

5. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

The only thing that confuses me is why he isn't selling the s85 and keeping the P85+. Then again he may not care for the color combo or something else about the one he is selling compared to his S 85. Maybe he will chime in.

6. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

There are many reasons why I am selling the P85+ instead of the standard 85. The biggest reason is that I have driven the two over 6K miles and have been lucky to not get a ticket!! I have not had a ticket in over 17 years. I want to keep it that way. When I drive the P85+, it is very difficult to stay off of that "goose" pedal.

7. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

In any case, it's a good deal IMO. I can see someone jumping on this.

8. texex91

texex91 Banned

You gotta post pics if you want to sell a car.

9. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

Here is a pic. How do I downsize JPG files to post? IMG_3050.JPG

10. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

11. Zextraterrestrial

damn, I wish I needed another one!
    beautiful. I'll trade for a 2012 just P without the + or rear seats or second charger or full film? but all the other options are the same. might save you a ticket, probably not :wink:

12. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

#12 bsbomber, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    I decided to kick up my deal a notch. I will also include in the sale, my extra set (4) factory 19" wheels and tires. A few months back, the factory was low on 21" wheels. They delivered some cars with the 19" wheels and swapped them out within a month or two. I was able to buy a set in near new condition from the Denver Service Center. Yes, they all have the sensors. No, I will not sell them separately from the car.

I also forgot to list the Lloyd's luxury mats that I bought for this P85+. The original mats from the factory are a joke!

- - - Updated - - -

I have many pics to e-mail if you are interested in this car. If you PM me, I will send them to you. Jim

13. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

I have placed this car on e-bay. There is another P85+ on e-bay that ends tomorrow (11-7-13). My auction ends on Sunday (11-10-13).

A couple of days ago, I was able to update this car to the 5.6 software...Awesome!

I am hoping the "Top Gear" episode that aired last night on the History Channel, will draw more attention to these "Magic Carpet Rides".

If you have "gotta" have a P85+, check out these two auctions on e-bay.

14. everman

everman Member

Hey bsbomber, I missed the auction. Did it sell? If not, you should post up some more pictures.

15. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

@everman

I sold the car last Friday... very close to asking price. In my opinion, these Model S's will hold their resale value very well for a number of reasons. The biggest reason is that Tesla is continually raising the price. This is a good thing for current and future owners. Good luck in your search. GO TESLA!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.