Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 P85+ Model S in SF Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S P85+

Midnight Blue with tan interior. 70,300 miles. Priced at $37,000.

All options except cold weather package.
  • Carbon Fiber Décor.
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler.
  • Pano/Sunroof.
  • Tech Package.
  • Smart Air Suspension.
  • 2nd/Hi-Power Charger.
  • '+' Plus Suspension.
  • Premium/Alcantara Interior. Small tear on left A pillar and wear on left bottom B pillar trim.
  • Ultra Hifi Sound.
  • RWD/Single Motor – larger frunk space.
  • 21 inch Turbine Silver Wheels with some curb scuffing.
  • Recent deep-clean detailing.
  • Carpet and floor mats like new.
  • New old stock next gen front seats just installed.
  • Rear seats in good condition with 2 minor car-seat dents that may come out with heat gun/hair dryer method or just over time.
  • No warranty.
  • Free Supercharging.
  • 250 miles @ 100% charge, 225 miles @ 90%

This is a driver’s car with no AP or parking sensors.

Car history:

Originally a Tesla media demo car purchased by a design engineering employee. Car was entered in a road rally in Nevada and driven by same employee with post-race data analyzed by Tesla for verifying drive train efficiency modeling. 105 Mph average over 90 miles, 123 Mph "trap speed", 130 Mph in 1/2 mile shoot-out, 137 Mph max speed on 2014 software. Note: cruise control did NOT work at over 100 Mph.

Battery replaced with upgraded contactors at ~1 years old. Drive unit replaced for milling noise at ~2 years. One door handle replaced ~1 year ago. Right rear window regulator replaced recently. Main screen replaced ~ 1year ago with unit now showing the “yellow ring”. Screen will be replaced for free when new updated units are available soon, no matter who owns the car. Only 1 small door ding from some jerk with a paintball gun, looks like an easy paint-less dent repair. Dings on rear bumper to be fixed or will drop price by $1000.00

Located in Fremont, CA near Tesla factory.

Current pictures pending. Stickers were removed so car is now somewhat slower ;) Tires have some wear but are not same tires as below :D

IMG_1323.JPG
RoadRally.jpg
IMG_1368a.jpg

IMG_2135.JPG

burn_out1.jpg
burnout.jpg

Hey DS 5/15,

First and foremost GLWS. But more importantly I want to put it out there that I, and I'm sure others would agree, appreciate the very thorough and detailed description that you posted about your ride. I appreciate Full Disclosure. And it's clear that you have taken the time to be as upfront and as transparent as possible regarding your P85+. I passed this along to my Bro in Law that has been keeping an eye on these and waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. Chances are that I too will be offering my Beast for sale. And rest assured that if I do decide to post it for sale. That the listing will be as detailed and thorough as this one. I believe in Full Disclosure and only wish that everyone selling items, wherever it may be, honored the Honor Code. And understood, believed and honored the Gentlemen's Agreement. With that said. Once again, GLWS. And I'll be in touch if Bro in Law decides to move forward with discussions. :cool:

Thanks RoninAMG, I appreciate it. I hate to see my baby go but I can't fit the whole family in her anymore and need to upgrade (downgrade?) to a used X. I was considering trying to install rear facing seats but that doesn't seem to be as easy as before If I don't have the right factory hardware, plus kids get bigger over time it seems. The new seats make it feel like a new car so that makes it even harder.

Yeah, I've heard that about kids. :D Those rear facing seats are very appealing, at least to me. Having the Executive Seating package I've heard it's not even possible without taking out the entire rear seating assembly. And even something about welding somewhere in the rear to reinforce the impact zone because the ones that were ordered with the rear jump seats had a reinforced bumper. Something to that effect.

I've done numerous upgrades to my P85D in the hopes of trying to convince myself that it's different car or something along those lines. There's this REALLY bad habit I've been known to have for getting into a different car about every 10 months or so. I don't even want to calculate the losses over my driving career. Not to mention motorcycles. However, it actually does seem that I've usually managed to either break even or make a few $$$ when I sell those toys for whatever reason. Regardless of which car, I've always had some sort of attachment to them. But I think the MX is a fine choice. I'm not sure what sort of budget you're working with. But I've been seeing a lot of really nice MX P90DL's from the mid $70's to mid $80's. Even though title is In Hand. At this point I've taken such a hit on the P85D that I may just keep it for another 2 years or so to at least break even in my mind if I were doing a typical 5 year loan.

I'm sure everyone here knows the swings in value on the MS's. Especially the ones prior to the Facelift. Just before the M3 was being delivered I was up around $10K. And it seems overnight that it took a 14% loss in value. :mad: Although I'm pissed about the depreciation hit. I'm glad to see the automotive world is finally moving in the right direction.