Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 P85 rear "clicking" noise on acceleration/deceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I have a 2013 MS P85 - rebuilt title - with no support from Tesla at the moment.

I just finished replacing the front two wheel hub/bearing assemblies. The helicopter chopping noise went away and the car is very quiet now.

Being this quiet, I noticed another noise coming from the rear.

On acceleration from stop, I hear one or two clicking noises. Also when I let go of the "gas" pedal at slow speeds and it switches to regen, I hear a clicking noise.

Sounds almost like half shaft noise? Anyone replace these before or have any part numbers from having theirs replaced? I am capable of doing the service myself but would need some guidance. There is no clunking, just this distinct clicking noise on acceleration and deceleration. Any help will be appreciated :)

Hello all, I have a 2013 MS P85 - rebuilt title - with no support from Tesla at the moment.

I just finished replacing the front two wheel hub/bearing assemblies. The helicopter chopping noise went away and the car is very quiet now.

Being this quiet, I noticed another noise coming from the rear.

On acceleration from stop, I hear one or two clicking noises. Also when I let go of the "gas" pedal at slow speeds and it switches to regen, I hear a clicking noise.

Sounds almost like half shaft noise? Anyone replace these before or have any part numbers from having theirs replaced? I am capable of doing the service myself but would need some guidance. There is no clunking, just this distinct clicking noise on acceleration and deceleration. Any help will be appreciated :)
Yes.. a number of us have it. I've been told it may be hub bearing blocks.

There's a decent thread here on it, I just don't have it handy at the moment... if you can't find it PM me.

So during the service appointment we couldn't reproduce this clicking sound. The tech said it could be fixed by lubing axle components. Will monitor it to see if it comes back. Other things I went in for (door handle and sunroof creaking) were fixed under CPO warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: LoL Rick
Once my bumper2bumper is up... this thing is going on Craigslist. I'll drive my 2009 Tahoe until I decide what to do next. Gas will be cheaper than constantly fixing a S.
Exactly 💯
I'm fixing my Model S one last time and then getting rid of it.
What a pain in the ass- even when under warranty Tesla gave me a hard time fixing everything from door handles to replacing battery and drive unit.
Most of the times my car is being worked on by new Tesla techs thay have one week of training, so I'm not sure they're even putting car back together correctly.....more rattles and squeaks after repairs are completed!
If I ever buy another Tesla it will have to come with lots of warranty...but even still - big headaches dealing with these guys

Service went from 100% amazing to 100% crap around 2018/2019, so warranty is almost meaningless anymore... nothing is covered, it's always your fault for driving the car, and they have no loaners... so... what does warranty do again..?