Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 S 85 Blue/Grey $ 49,900

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning on getting a P90D this month so this is an opportunity to get this Model S for a great price. It has

Pano Roof
Tech Package
Air Suspension
Single Charger
27,800 miles

Beautiful car!

Located in Kansas City MO

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: Boourns
Greetings!

Well you have a LOVELY car!
I have considering time travel - so that I can get 10 years from now and see how these Teslas paved the way for the future!
I of course want one so bad. I didn't commit to the Model3, but love that car too!

Without stealing your thread here, I wonder how the depreciation will go as other EV are dropping 50% in 2 years. Tesla warranty probably adds a big level of confidence to a new owner. Down the line owners may find they own something way too sophisticated for themselves. At least that's what I fear. If I had a place to charge all day at work, or got tax incentives to be a later owner, I would be calling you up today.
I think your price is every-bit fair for what users are selling for.

I do feel that 40k is not bad for non-autopilot that's definitely ran some miles through the batteries.
You shouldn't feel that I'm attacking your car or price, I am talking out loud as to the reasons I still haven't bought a secondhand Tesla.
Wonderful car, just the features update so quickly (new cars have 4gLTE, horizontal screens as the main control center) which I feel would leave me itching for new way before I need another car.

Regardless, I take care of my father daily and the neighbors have a beautiful Model S, and another has a Model X. I get butterflies everytime they go by! If that feeling lasts, there's few things that you can buy that make you that emotional.

Eric
Lawrence, KS

Apart from auto-pilot, good thing about Tesla's is you can upgrade to 4G and higher resolution screen pretty easily. As long as you have warranty for say like 4 years , i think its totally worth it.Depreciation wise , think older models will end up in lower 40's as CPO inventory increases and especially with impending P100 and AP 2.0 rumors going around. I had to cancel my P85 for various reasons and have been trying to find a car that drives like a Tesla in terms of acceleration below $60k. The closest i could find was with Mustang GT, which definitely pushes into your seat but is lacking on that smooth instant torque Tesla offers and not to mention benefits of being an EV.

I don't disagree that Tesla does well versus other EVs but the 62% mentioned in the article seems too high/optimistic based on what the 'real market' is showing online (PP ads, dealer sites, eBay, trade offers, etc.).
I agree with you. The article gets its "62%" figure straight from a "Black Book" value so it's a great point of comparison to other EV's for the person who had the question about Tesla resale value vs. other EV's. Hopefully this was helpful for that person