Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 s model p85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 s model p85

I work at D and M autorecycling in Lumby British Columbia and we have purchased a P85 write off.Call 1-888-661-6555 if interested in the whole thing or parts.Has 7000 kms on it.Not much left on front end but we did get the 12v system lit up and the main battery is good and still holding a charge and has a month left on it .We are hoping someone on here wants to upgrade their battery to the P85.Or anyone know how we can preserve the battery.Our car is showing the service car banner and will not charge the battery..TIA.Any help on this would be awsome

List Date: 11/13/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 s model p85
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $1.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

gumSEYejCVVy.jpg

I would love to buy this battery. I live in the US.

Having it removed from the car should keep it from draining down too quickly. Should be good this way for a long time but it will eventually brick itself if not charged. Probably take a few months for that to happen.

Unfortunately, Tesla will not install any of these items into another car and if a 3rd party does it, it voids the warranty.
Not a good investment for a buyer. It sounded good until i contacted Tesla and they told me it would not be prudent to buy the stuff. Sorry.

It seems to me that Tesla does not desire the development of any sort of used parts market? This seems counter to their stated philosophy that they will not place barriers around their parts, patent or otherwise. Taken to the extreme, it tends to make all end-of-life Tesla cars worth nothing at all. They should, in fact, make it easy for people to return parts and cars to the Tesla mainstream.
The safety aspect has been mentioned, but they way it is wielded makes it prohibitively costly for anyone to take that route = denial by cost in lieu of a better term.
To get to be a huge manufacturer, which seems to be Tesla's path, it will have to deal with the statistical certainly of various numbers of their cars being bent/broken or otherwise wrecked, and to create and take control of a method of dealing with these numbers in such a way that it is good for Tesla AS WELL AS good for the buyer. Once they are selling 1,000,000 cars per year, after 10 years with a fleet on the road of ~~5,000,000 cars - what will be the numbers of bent/broken cars? even 1% is 50,000 per year = long term planning needs to start now.