Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 S Roof Rack - where to buy, how to install…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S with a panoramic sunroof and I cannot figure out whether I can still get a roof rack installed, but we need one for an upcoming trip (to put a box on). It looks like Tesla no longer sells or installs these—is that just because they don’t make the pano sunroof anymore, or because there are issues with them? Are there any current racks being manufactured and sold that I can install myself? I am not a car person so I’m not overly confident in my abilities but I can follow basic instructions or hire someone ;)

There are two different threaded mounting studs for different years. They changed the thread pitch. I think it was changed in 2015.
I have the rack and full attachment kit including both threaded type studs. Used 4 times.
Send me a PM if interested.
Super easy to install, very strong and secure, because it screws into the holder on the flip up roof attachments. Instructions and all tools are included.
It does not make any contact with the glass at all. It is an aero bar and can use most standard attachments for carrying assorted things.

Last edited:
There are two different threaded mounting studs for different years. They changed the thread pitch. I think it was changed in 2015.
I have the rack and full attachment kit including both threaded type studs. Used 4 times.
Send me a PM if interested.
Super easy to install, very strong and secure, because it screws into the holder on the flip up roof attachments. Instructions and all tools are included.
It does not make any contact with the glass at all. It is an aero bar and can use most standard attachments for carrying assorted things.
Messaged you!