Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla 40kw For Sale at $42,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there are plenty of people form whom a 40 is perfectly adequate. Especially if it's maybe their second Model S.

You might have better luck, though, if you list with more detail the options on the car and post some pics.

Good luck!

Reactions: JPUConn
What's range of 40?

Looks like the EPA range is rated as 140 miles.
Since all 40kWh cars can be unlocked to 60kWh, it might be worth trading in to Tesla.

upload_2016-8-14_21-29-15.png

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby and bkp_duke
All these replies and still no detailed photos. It makes me chuckle in for sale threads where people will berate those who "price police", but won't get on the seller/OP for making a proper detailed For Sale post.

Numerous people have asked for detailed photos, spec sheet, and the like. 6 posts (from a relatively new member) would draw red flags from other people. On other forums with rules, it is actually a requirement so that time/forum space isn't wasted by people asking the same info requests over and over, or time isn't wasted having to email the seller individually for information that should have been posted in the first place in my opinion. If you're serious about selling the car, I would think it would behoove one to post all information necessary (and do research on what a price point would be) so that the only inquiries you'd be getting would be serious ones, not ones asking for photos, options, or policing your price. My 2 cents.

Good luck with sale however, the 40 kwh would be great for my girlfriend range wise but I'm looking around $35k to spend. OP if you're interested in talking, let me know via PM or email with proper photos and a spec sheet please.

Reactions: Cowby
Just for a point of reference, I sold my 40 to Carmax for $40k a few weeks ago. It had 38k miles, leather, stereo and pano roof. And I could have bought a CPO 60 with tech, roof, leather and warranty in the same color for $44k. There's a huge disparity between Carmax and Tesla, and a compressed market on the low end. I guess some people just don't need range.

Reactions: JPUConn