Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S 85 w/88k on eBay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering what everyone thinks of this car, currently no reserve, I am the high bidder at this point. Owner bought a new P100D to replace it.

2013 Tesla Model S | eBay

I looked at it, drove it yesterday and it appears to be in good mechanical condition as the battery pack, drive unit and nav screen have all been replaced. One owner, original window sticker included, $89k MSRP, clean carfax. I suppose there is a small balance of the warranty left. Air suspension worked fine, tires ok, minimal curb rash, 3G internet access was active.

Cosmetically it was a bit of a mess with small dings, scratches and chips all over the car. Rear diffuser was damaged, side sill area with a black plastic cover (not sure what this is called) was a little wonky. No paint work but the panel gaps where a bit off which very well could be par for course on an early S 85. Interior had some wear on the front and rear seats, steering wheel and door panels.

2013 Tesla Model S | eBay

Last edited:
Auction is now up to $28,600, I am not sure I am going to continue bidding on this because I feel like cosmetically inside and out it is just too far gone, I am not picky about dents, scratches, chips and wear but this car was driven like a cheap commuter car.

The seller could have an issue shipping this car to an unsuspecting buyer if it is not inspected first.

It is a late model 2013 and had no salty anything. The exterior and interior is just a little beat down like a cheap commuter car.

wait until you see loaner/Tesla used cars lol

this is pretty normal in general, you either will find well kept or trashed cars just like any other car. its nothing specific with the brand/cost compared to something cheaper like a corolla/civic. its dependent on the owners

I love how half the advertisement is selling the car and half of it is talking *sugar* on the Model 3. LOL

I'd buy it under $35,000 as well.

He was a nice guy (seller) but wasnt a car enthusiast at all. In fact he just bought a P100D for over $120k already has scratches, scraps and dings on it. You can see it in the photos of the eBay ad.

Just shocking to me that a $90k plus car wasn't taken care of.
I have been looking at 5-10 yr old Porsche's with similar mileage in immaculate condition.

He was a nice guy (seller) but wasnt a car enthusiast at all. In fact he just bought a P100D for over $120k already has scratches, scraps and dings on it. You can see it in the photos of the eBay ad.

Just shocking to me that a $90k plus car wasn't taken care of.
I have been looking at 5-10 yr old Porsche's with similar mileage in immaculate condition.

While he beats up his 2020 Roadster, maybe he will sell the P100D to me for cheap? :)

Not everyone takes care of their kids, cars, careers, health how they should. I wouldn't use that as a decision on value as you can repaint the whole thing and ceramic coat it if the deal is low enough.