Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S - cabin heat not working after center screen SD card repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Forum Brain Trust-

2013 Tesla Model S

I just got my car back from the Tesla Service Center yesterday. The center screen completely died. They had to replace a SD card to get it working again apparently.

When I went to run the cabin heat today, the car does not blow hot air at all. Air conditioning appears to be working fine. I tried the two scroll wheel reboot, no help.

Are these two things unrelated (the center screen repair & loss of cabin heat) or is it possible when they were doing this center screen repair a couple of days ago, the cabin heat was affected?

Thanks.

There are no easily removable SD cards unless you remove the stuff. Even the NAV SD card has a slot and can be just pushed in to have it pop out, but you really can't do that without taking the whole thing out.

Well hopefully when they removed all that stuff they forgot to put it back together correctly and that's causing the problem. Then it will be a free repair.

The thing that sucks is out by me in the Chicago area, you have to wait a minimum of 10 days to even get an appointment at any of the service centers........and it's getting cold out here : (